Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Part VI

First Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives

Yesterday, my post count was over 240, and today, it's 172 (actually, it was 174 earlier today, and then as I got on today, it was 172). I realize that mods delete old threads from time to time, but I was wondering if that many threads had been deleted.

Thank you!

Asphyxiated
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin time
    Can a request what house I want to be in?

Why does it have to be 50 characters? That's wierd...
    No, sorry you cannot. You have to take the sorting quiz (PM songbook99 for it) and you will be placed in a house once your results are calculated.

Posts must be 50 characters to try to avoid spammers.

greeneyes - sorry, I don't know about the postcount, I'll have to leave that to another mod to answer.

babekitty_92
    Yeah, I noticed about 40 of my posts are gone, but also I logged on this morning on one of my computers at home and it went to the "Default" style with the VB Bulletin look, so I fixed it, and then when I logged on at my dad's later on today, it did the same thing! What's going on???

AurorGirl101
    I also have a problem similar to babekitty's: My post count was around 115, and now is down to 68. I know some threads were moved around, is this the cause?

Marauder by Midnight
    Both of your questions have been answered in almost every "Ask a Moderator" thread so far.

Post counts fluctuate depending on what happens to various threads you've been active in.

FuzzyMuffins
    Random question- Are Flash (.swf) files allowed in Dean's Art Corner?

Simply Being
    Hi, first I'll add that the same thing happened to me with posts. I had about 120, but now I think it's down to 95. I hope I won't get in trouble but as a mod hasn't really answered this, is there a way to get them back?

Also, something is wrong with my PM inbox. The replied-to message icon isn't showing up. Why is that, and how can I fix it?

AshNight
    I know that the mods are really busy but will there be another monthly challange anytime soon?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyMuffins
    Random question- Are Flash (.swf) files allowed in Dean's Art Corner?
    Not all that sure, though I can't imagine why you'd need it. PM Ravensgryff specifically since she's the moderator of Dean's Corner.

Hi, first I'll add that the same thing happened to me with posts. I had about 120, but now I think it's down to 95. I hope I won't get in trouble but as a mod hasn't really answered this, is there a way to get them back?

Also, something is wrong with my PM inbox. The replied-to message icon isn't showing up. Why is that, and how can I fix it?
    Nope. No way to get them back unless for some odd reason the thread comes back from the graveyard. But don't worry about posts because they don't represent anything. Quality, not quantity.

I don't know why your reply button doesn't show up. Usually though, for glitches, logging out and logging back in helps.

I know that the mods are really busy but will there be another monthly challange anytime soon?
    Maybe. It does depend on how busy mods are at the moment, and I'm sure everyone knows how hectic and unpredictable real life can be. Magical Maeve or any other mod will have one up as soon as she's able to plan one and organize it. Just be patient until then =]

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

There is a current monthly challenge in the Great Hall.

charactercountspam.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope