Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 155

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Part VI

  1. #41
    Jenn22291
    Guest
    How do you add an image to your bio on the main site?

  2. #42
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn22291
    How do you add an image to your bio on the main site?
    You'll need HTML to do that.

    <img src="link to image">

  3. #43
    myownmuggle
    Guest
    I have a question regarding outstanding work done by a mod. If, for example, a particular mod has gone out of their way to be particularly helpful and instructive, do we have any "official" way of recognizing them for their efforts? Beyond, of course, thanking the individual mod by PM or email or what have you.

    Thanks!

  4. #44
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by myownmuggle
    I have a question regarding outstanding work done by a mod. If, for example, a particular mod has gone out of their way to be particularly helpful and instructive, do we have any "official" way of recognizing them for their efforts? Beyond, of course, thanking the individual mod by PM or email or what have you.

    Thanks!
    People usually give thanks in their author bio or the summary of the story.

    That's awfully nice of you to do =]

  5. #45
    Hendrickson
    Guest
    How long will I have to be a member before I'm allowed to submit a story? At Eye of Newt Fanfiction you have to have been a member for at least two months.

  6. #46
    deanine
    Guest
    Hendrickson: There is no waiting period, though we strongly reccomend that you read the submission guidlines and only submit edited chapters to the queue.

  7. #47
    Loralie
    Guest
    OKay... I was under the impression that only Mods could have animated avvies/banners. Has that been lifted? because I have seen several non-mod user names in the last few weeks with animated items.

    I only ask because I have a GREAT avvie that I want to use, but I havn't because it's animated and I'm not a Mod.

    Also, can anyone have the extra little line next to their avvie, or is that for higher ups as well?
    (what's with mars?, cat ears are all the rage)<--Those are the lines I mean

    Thanks

  8. #48
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Loralie
    OKay... I was under the impression that only Mods could have animated avvies/banners. Has that been lifted? because I have seen several non-mod user names in the last few weeks with animated items.

    I only ask because I have a GREAT avvie that I want to use, but I havn't because it's animated and I'm not a Mod.

    Also, can anyone have the extra little line next to their avvie, or is that for higher ups as well?
    (what's with mars?, cat ears are all the rage)<--Those are the lines I mean

    Thanks
    Yes only moderators are allowed to have animated banners/avatars. We try to take care of it when we see it, but giving one of us a nudge is okay. However, note that the forums automatically prohibit animated avatars for non-mods.

    The extra line is available to anyone. They change as your post count goes up.

  9. #49
    sayiansirius
    Guest
    I'm going to feel really stupid asking this, lol, but I have a fic that I'm writing and I'm on year five out of seven years. I have totally gone blank and haven't written for a couple months and have no ideas for this year. But, I have written year six and half of seven. Is it ok if we just say that year five was too hard to write and skip it?

  10. #50
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sayiansirius
    I'm going to feel really stupid asking this, lol, but I have a fic that I'm writing and I'm on year five out of seven years. I have totally gone blank and haven't written for a couple months and have no ideas for this year. But, I have written year six and half of seven. Is it ok if we just say that year five was too hard to write and skip it?
    That's really your choice. It might seem odd to have a seven-year story with only six years though. But it's your story - whichever way you choose to resolve that, as long as it works out logically.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •