Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Part VI

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

This isn't too important, but still...

Why do posts in some forums not show up under the 'New posts' tab? Like... why do the SPEW posts show up, but not the SBBC posts? I was just wondering, as I'm a part of both, and often check the new posts, so, yeah. Thanks in advance!

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

paddlerpen
    I added an author note to my poem but it still won't let me submit it. What should I do? Thanks for all you do.

-Kay

blue_surrender_2004

Help

I want to read one of the stories that won a section in the Quicksilver Quick Quill awards and it says I am not authorised to read it because I am not logged on. How do I sign up to then be able to log on and then be able to read the story?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Kathleen

Vindictus Viridian
    From the previous page:

Ginny Potter, some of the areas of the board are moderated so that your new thread will not appear automatically. If you post and it's invisible, you're in one of them. Just wait a bit. If you're not selling prescription drugs or some such nonsense, your thread will be approved in a day or so.

Flee, and anyone else with the same problem, please PM songbook99 with Sorting questions, as this has now been dealt with in "Ask a Moderator" more than a few times.

Current:

lily_evans_34, the post count doesn't change with posts in the primarily social areas of the boards, and presumably SPEW made it into the help category while SBBC did not. I have no idea who made the decision, but nobody's getting paid by the post count, so why worry about it?

paddlerpen, how long an author note are you trying, and is it in the body of the text, which will help the word count, or the A/N box which probably will not? Ramble a bit on your source of inspiration after a <hr> at the end of your poem, and see if that helps. If your word processor is like mine, it's counting the formatting tags as words, and the site does not. That may help your tallying a little too.

blue_surrender_2004, registering with the forums does not automatically register you with the archive, as it does on some sites. You'll have to repeat the process on the archive. The login choice then has a "Register" option. It's a good idea to use the same name there as here.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

Oh, no VV, I wasn't worrying about the post count! I honestly don't care about that at all. I was just wondering why posts in the SBBC don't show up when you click 'New Posts' at the top of the page, and posts in SPEW do. I tend to be late on my SBBC discussions because I don't notice that there are new threads in there, as they don't show up. Thanks!

ETA: Gratias ago, Bridget! You don't have to bother too much with it--I was just wondering!

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

dumbledore girl
    i asked this here on Septeber twentysecond and no one has answered me i am getting tired of it.

how do i delete my profile. i want to get rid of it.

deanine
    lily_evans34 - I don't know why, honestly. It's something I could try tinkering with.

dumbledore girl - Potterphile responded to your query requesting clarification of what you wanted deleted. You failed to respond.

Questions for services should NOT be placed in the news comments section. Contact a moderator directly.

Feel free to PM me or email me and request further assistance.

babekitty_92
    Um, just a question about the mods in the Banner Makers Accosication. I signed up in the Group Memberships thread and sent QueenHal all the stuff she asked for, and it's been nearly (or just on) a month and I've had no reply or anything. Should I ask one of the other mods or something?

Thanks!

sirius_rocks
    Similar thing happened to me, except I put in my request 3 months ago, and I have never gotten a reply. Anyone know what to do?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi there,
    When I come to the main forum page, it doesn't completely load, the little spinner in my browser just keeps going and going. I can't use the pull down menus because of that, so I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem, something on the site changed this weekend, or if the issue is on my end? Not a biggie, just curious about how the Internet works.

I've also been wondering for a while - when you click on the current users online, what are the Yahoo! Slurp spiders and Google spiders and MSNbots and such? Very curious.

Thanks!
    ~Gina