Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Part VI

vampirebabe

trouble submitting fanfic

i tried to submit a fanfic here but the drop down catgory thing wasnt working which never happened. i wanted humor but the box kept coming up to select a subcategory, but humor doesnt have any. so then i did romance and selected one of the subcates and the box stillll came up telling me to select a subcat.

is this just a temporary malfunction like is it gna work 2mm or like..no. ahh wat shud i do??

thx

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Hello again, lovely mods. Is there a way to view a list of members by their house? Just wondering...

pheonix_gold7

Completly and Utterly Lost!

I just signed up for this place today. I have no idea what I'm doing. Turst me when I say: I have read every single question in the FAQ. I have looked over many, many threads trying to find answers.

How do I get into a House?
    What is a PM?
    How do I Send a PM?
    The site says I can't post new topics, Why?
    I posted some earlier things but they didn't go up, why?

Thank You!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Well, I hate to be the first, but the main site won't let me submit anything, it keeps telling me that the category is locked when I try to choose one from the drop down menu. Has the Winter's Tales glitch been fixed? That's what I'd like to submit, but not only is it locked, so is every other category. I cleared cookies, files, history and even restarted my computer, so I guess it must be personal! Just kidding.

And what happened to the announcement for the FHWP?

Thanks much!!
    ~Gina

kumydabookworm
    I have to agree with Gmariam. I've logged out of MNFF, and deleted all my cookies, temporary files and cleared my history. I've even restarted my computer and reconnected my internet.

None of the categories are working that I tried (Winter Tales, School Assignments, Monthly Challenge Submissions and Alternate Universe).

Please help! I'm so sorry if I've inconvenienced anyone. I figured I should let you all (the mods) know that it's not just one user with this submissions problem.

Love,
    Kumy

P.S. I'll try again later tonight, just in case.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Hello,

I have a small problem but I'm not sure if it's a normal and personal thing, so...

I login in MNFF main site and look at my reviews. If there's a new review, I click "respond" and begin to write a long response, but when I hit "submit", it takes me to the login page again, and even if I push the "back" button, the long response I wrote is just gone. This hasn't happened just once. And it really drives me crazy. Is that something to do with my cookies or only my computer's settings, or is this a normal thing, or a common problem?

Also, I don't know why but the site began to ask me to login twice. My first login is not incorrect, it just opens the login page once more.

I'd really appreciate anything to help ease my confusion Thanks.
    The Run of the Mill

The phenomenal banner is by MissBean

GringottsVault711
    Justin time - Different groups work different ways. You want to check the usergroup info and make sure you are going about applying the right way. I have no idea which groups you're talking about, so I don't know what else to say.

solemnlyswear_x - it may be your computer. My computer does the same thing; it's not just on the forums, but on other sites, sometimes pictures don't show up. On the forums, avatars show up, but anything in a signature or post content sometimes does not. I'm not sure what causes this, but I would advise checking and seeing if it's only the forums, or if it's happeneing elsewhere.

ChrissyOfGryffindor - As far as I am aware, no, there is unfortunately no function that allows us to view all the users of a usergroup such as the Houses.

hippiegirl, vampirebabe, Gmariam, kumydabookworm - I think we're still having problems. Though as far as I can tell, some of you posted when the queue was still closed. Try again, if that's the case.

kehribar - I think that's a cookie problem that some usernames experience. I have the same issue with my username TheVault [it's a pain...]. Sometimes, just make sure you've copied your response, and if you go back and reply again, it should work. I think it just times you out every few minutes. I'm not sure what the specific problem is, as I do not have the same issue with my main penname.

deanine
    To anyone having trouble getting their drop down to refresh. If all else fails ignore the error message. The queue really is open and if you submit it won't bounce you. Someday your computer will refresh its drop down. Eventually.

Winged Artemis
    Okay, I was just wondering a very very odd question.

For some member sometimes, there is a + sign beside their names. Is that a significant symbol or does it just bounce around randomly?

Also - is there a limit too how many chapters are in a fic? Again, something really stange to ask, and I don't need to know personally, but I was wondering if there's a certain maximum amount of chapters one could have on their story.

Oh, just figured I'd say: the queue is working for me!

GringottsVault711
    Winged Artemis - the + symbol means that user is on your "Buddy List". And, as far as I know, there isn't a chapter limit, though I'm sure it's possible. My longest story is 70 chapters.