Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Part VI

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

Not quite sure what you mean. What forum leaders list?
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Lipington
    This one. At the very bottom of the index next to "mark all forums as read", it says "view forum leaders".

deanine
    lippington - Any group that is not classified as private is listed there.

Sly Severus
    Okay, I now know that it seems to be just me, so how come I can't see the Winter Tale's category? At first no one could and then I could see it at school but now it doesn't show up. I know I can't submit to it til Monday anyway, but why can't I see it. I also don't get the "That category is locked. Please select a sub-category" when I try to post to a category. It doesn't work but it lets me try. Any idea why this happening and will I be able to see the Winter Tales category at a later date?

deanine
    We're working on the Winter Tales glitch. The category issue is simple, the queue is closed until Monday. You can't submit to any category until Monday. You will get an error message if you try.

Sly Severus
    My problem is lack of an error message. I don't get the message it let's me submit. It doesn't work but I can submit and it says that it worked. I never see the error message and I was under the impression that I am now the only one who can't see the Winter Tales category. Sorry for being confusing. So is there some reason I don't get the message and can't see the category now that other people can?

deanine
    Sly Severus - I just cleared my cookies and my internet files and the submissions now displays correctly. Try that. If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll try to help you make it work. Since you are not getting the error message though the submission is not working, that means you are subbing off an outdated drop down. Your browser has not refreshed the drop down. Clearing out all your temp internet files and cookies and history should make your comp refresh.

Justin time
    I requested to join three groups, and I still haven't heard back from any of them. One is students with signed notes, and I want to know whether I can have a signed not or not. When will I hear back from these groups?

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hi,
    For the past couple of days, I've been having a problem seeing the banners around the forums. I can only see some of them. It's not that they were hotlinked, it's that they don't show up. For example, I can only see one of the two banners I [should] have in my sig. I never used to have a problem with this, so I don't know if it's something my computer is doing, or what. I figured I'd ask and see if someone else knew. I miss seeing all the banners. Thanks!

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

hippiegirl

trouble submitting fanfic

i was trying to submit a story to fanfic today, but the category drop down thing was being weird. i selected humor but the box kept popping up to tell me, 'slect a subcategory'--but there are none for the humor section! so then just to test i tried the romance category and then pressed a subcategory and then i clicked select and the box stilll came up to tell me to select a subcategory! but it was a subcategory! wat do they want from me?!!

is this just a temporary malfuction do u think and like itll work 2mm or..not. wat shud i do??