Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Part VI

honeydukes_10
    Okay, I'm really sorry if this has already been asked. If not, this is really hard to explain. How do you put a link with a name on it? LIke, you put a like in your postin Dean's Corner or wherever and some people's say "Hermione laughing", while mine say "http:......" and so on. Can someone please tell me how to make it the other way? Thanks in advance!

2. 11-02-2006, 11:58 PM

songbook99
    Quote Originally Posted by honeydukes_10
    Okay, I'm really sorry if this has already been asked. If not, this is really hard to explain. How do you put a link with a name on it? LIke, you put a like in your postin Dean's Corner or wherever and some people's say "Hermione laughing", while mine say "http:......" and so on. Can someone please tell me how to make it the other way? Thanks in advance!
    The way you do that is to use the url tags as follows:
    [ url=*put the link here*] *Type your description of the link here* [ /url]

Of course, you'll need to take out the spaces between the brackets and the 'url' and '/url' in order for it to work properly.

Unregistered
    I was looking at the Quicksilver Quill Award winners, and I have a question about the categories. What is a Canon Story vs. a Non-canon Story under the category Best Romance? I thought it might be under the Dictionary of Terms, which I found in the FAQ, but the link isn't working. Thanks for helping!
    Natalie

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Canon would be a ship like Remus/Tonks, Lily/James, or Harry/Ginny that we're sure is canon. Non-canon would be a ship that's either shot down by Jo, or has not happened so far in the canon we've seen. A ship like this would be Harry/Luna, Neville/Ginny, or Minerva/Dumbledore.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

Zacko Borni
    Hi... I hope it's okay if I report an argument that is going on it the comments for the "Series" announcement.

nikkiolapotter
    I made an avvie that I want to use for my own, but when ever I put it in, it keeps saying 'Remote File Too Large' . I know the size limit is 100x100, and this avatar is 95x95!! Any help? Thanks in advanced!

EDIT: It's also 27 K, and I know the limit is 19. *headdesk* How do I lower the number?

EDIT 2: Thanks, deanine! That really helped!!

deanine
    Zacko - I popped in and removed the offensive posts.

Nikkiola - There are ways to reduce the image file size. I use Adobe Photoshop. PM me and I can try to talk you through it, depending on the graphics software you use.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Second thread

Do we just post a reply to one of our threads, requesting it locked and graved in order to delete it? I'm afraid I've made a mistake... regarding a long forgotten thread and posting a new one in Excerpts of Murtlap... but then someone pointed out that my first thread hasn't been expired - apparently three weeks aren't up. How can that be fixed? (And I apologise for not checking before...)
    The Run of the Mill

The phenomenal banner is by MissBean

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

If you're writing a fic with suicide in it, do you have to include 'self injury' in the warnings? Because it's already implied with the 'suicide'.

ETA: Much thanks, Beth! So... if you ever read this edit... eating disorders are self injury? Okay, I think I get it... thanks for the help!

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by kehribar
    Do we just post a reply to one of our threads, requesting it locked and graved in order to delete it? I'm afraid I've made a mistake... regarding a long forgotten thread and posting a new one in Excerpts of Murtlap... but then someone pointed out that my first thread hasn't been expired - apparently three weeks aren't up. How can that be fixed? (And I apologise for not checking before...)
    I'm not sure what your question is. Yes, you should make a note to lock and grave a thread. However, you made a mistake, just PM the moderator to make an apology and explain the situation more clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by lily_evans34
    If you're writing a fic with suicide in it, do you have to include 'self injury' in the warnings? Because it's already implied with the 'suicide'. Thanks in advance!
    "Self injury" includes things like anorexia, self-mutilation, etc. That's the difference between our suicide and self injury warning. So no, if your story doesn't involve your character hurting himself/herself other than committing suicide, you don't need to mark it.