Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Part VI

WoodsBride

How do I put a Banner up for my story?

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, sorry if it is not.
    I have submitted a story to MNFF and I have had a Banner made for it. How do I attach it to my story? Can I attach it to my story? Does it matter that my story has not yet been validated?

Potterphile12

Ask a Moderator- Part VI

Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked.

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

Please allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread

Vindictus Viridian
    From the earlier thread:

G_A_Potter: To advertise your stories you can use a banner in your signature with a link, and then post about the boards in a way that makes people wonder what else of yours they might like to read. Also, the Duelling Club off the Great Hall allows a thread for your own stories, where you can introduce your writing, your readers can quiz you, and you can counter-quiz them. As always, read the rules before posting. This replaces the old double-post-ridden "Advertise Your Fanfic" subforum and allows some writer-to-writer discussion.

Otherwise, someone else has to advertise your stories for you.

Schmerg_The_Impaler
    I want to start a new thread in the Hufflepuff section, the "Badger Burrow," but I know that I need someone's approval to do that. Who should I contact if I want to create this thread?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmerg_The_Impaler
    I want to start a new thread in the Hufflepuff section, the "Badger Burrow," but I know that I need someone's approval to do that. Who should I contact if I want to create this thread?
    You'll want to contact your Head of House and/or your Prefect. That would be Elysa [PhysicalGraffiti]

crazy_purple_hp_freak
    I'm trying to format a poem for submission, but am having problems with line breaks. What I want, for a particular line of the poem, is to have a big gap between two words, but have the two words still on the same line. Here's the line...

We are two sides of an ocean,*

For some reason, the formatting won't let me do that. Each time I insert a <br> tag, it just moves the 'ocean' onto a different line. If I just put loads of spaces it, the formatting takes them out again!

Am I just using the wrong tags? Or will I have to leave the gap thing out?

Thanks in advance

Edit: The formatting here is doing the same thing! There's meant to be a long gap between 'an' and 'ocean'...

nikkiolapotter
    I feel really stupid asking this, but what's an OTP? I keep seeing it around the forums, but I'm not so sure what it means.

Please help!

8. 10-27-2006, 06:04 PM

deanine
    Okay, next non-mod who starts answering questions in this thread, points will be in jeopardy *cracks whip*

Crazy Purple - It's an HTML issue that you are experiencing. Html removes extra spacing in text. With our limited allowed html tags I don't know that you can get around that.

Nikiola - OTP is one true pair, or your absolute favorite pairing in the fandom that you find inviolate.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

(I'm terribly sorry for replying. I wasn't careful enough while reading the rules..)

Again, question:
    Is there a way to delete my own response to a review for my own story? Responding once more doesn't work; it simply doubles and lookes..weird.
    The Run of the Mill

The phenomenal banner is by MissBean

nysuperstarz
    Hi! I was wondering about the "I didn't get a rejection letter" thread. It says in the first post that posts over a month old will be deleted and that mods won't be able to remember any stories more than a few days old. Mine hasn't been up there for nearly as long as a month but I was wondering if I should re-submit it because the mod probably doesn't remember my story anymore or if I should wait for you guys to get to it?

Thankyou!
    ~Roop