Thread: Ask a Moderator- Part VI

Hybrid View

WoodsBride

How do I put a Banner up for my story?

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, sorry if it is not.
    I have submitted a story to MNFF and I have had a Banner made for it. How do I attach it to my story? Can I attach it to my story? Does it matter that my story has not yet been validated?

Potterphile12

Ask a Moderator- Part VI

Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked.

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

Please allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread

Vindictus Viridian
    From the earlier thread:

G_A_Potter: To advertise your stories you can use a banner in your signature with a link, and then post about the boards in a way that makes people wonder what else of yours they might like to read. Also, the Duelling Club off the Great Hall allows a thread for your own stories, where you can introduce your writing, your readers can quiz you, and you can counter-quiz them. As always, read the rules before posting. This replaces the old double-post-ridden "Advertise Your Fanfic" subforum and allows some writer-to-writer discussion.

Otherwise, someone else has to advertise your stories for you.

Schmerg_The_Impaler
    I want to start a new thread in the Hufflepuff section, the "Badger Burrow," but I know that I need someone's approval to do that. Who should I contact if I want to create this thread?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmerg_The_Impaler
    I want to start a new thread in the Hufflepuff section, the "Badger Burrow," but I know that I need someone's approval to do that. Who should I contact if I want to create this thread?
    You'll want to contact your Head of House and/or your Prefect. That would be Elysa [PhysicalGraffiti]

crazy_purple_hp_freak
    I'm trying to format a poem for submission, but am having problems with line breaks. What I want, for a particular line of the poem, is to have a big gap between two words, but have the two words still on the same line. Here's the line...

We are two sides of an ocean,*

For some reason, the formatting won't let me do that. Each time I insert a <br> tag, it just moves the 'ocean' onto a different line. If I just put loads of spaces it, the formatting takes them out again!

Am I just using the wrong tags? Or will I have to leave the gap thing out?

Thanks in advance

Edit: The formatting here is doing the same thing! There's meant to be a long gap between 'an' and 'ocean'...