Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Mark

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

I have another question. Do you think that the DE Dark Mark sort of gives Voldemort an idea as to where they are? Because every DE that Voldy tries to find is found but when Harry is hidding from them, they aren't found.
    ily Andi, Lise, Ronnie, and Becca.

Banner by Bine/Luinrina. Lise/Annalise made my fun-to-look-at avvie. I've been ghosted!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ron lover
    I have another question. Do you think that the DE Dark Mark sort of gives Voldemort an idea as to where they are? Because every DE that Voldy tries to find is found but when Harry is hidding from them, they aren't found.
    Hmm?

I don't think the Dark Mark acts as any kind of homing beacon or anything. Otherwise, how would Karkaroff have managed to hide from his fellow Death Eater's for a year before being murdered?

But that brings me to another question. How do the DE's Apparate to Voldemort's side when they feel the mark burn? This seems to contradict the rules of Apparation, in which you have to concentrate on a specific destination in order to get there. "Wherever Voldemort is" is not a specific destination, and I can't really see how you can Disapparate to somewhere without actually knowing where you are going. Otherwise, Voldemort could have just Apparated to "wherever Harry Potter is" and the war would be over very quickly.

Tim the Enchanter