Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPEW Spooky Swap Trick-Or-Treat Fest III

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Ooh, I read some of the last Spooky Swap stories, and they are good.

Character/Pairing(s): Bella/Rodolphus, Bella, Lucius/Narcissa, Andromeda/Ted, Sirius/Lily, Sirius/OC, Remus/Lily, Regulus/Lily, Regulus. Any character I've put on their own I don't mind pairing up to somebody, though make the character more central than the pairing, yeah? Haha, seems she who doesn't read much marauder-era is having a marauder-craving.

Prompt(s): Words: darkness, lightening, shiver, whisper, spice, cry, miss, ice, gothic, uneasy, forest. Otherwise... I love romance and D/A. I don't mind reading the Professor's rating, though I would ask it's not like... really graphic. That's the only thing that'll turn me away from a 'professors' fic. I'd quite like to be scared at some point, too. Not blood-and-gore-scared, though.

Trick-or-Treat Theme: Masquerade Ball, Witching Hour or Ghost Stories, please. :]

Limitations: I fail at humour. >.> I'm not good with Severus or Draco. And I'd say I'm better at the fluffy light-hearted stuff, though I am willing to give darker themes, etc, a go. I do have experience in the darker genre, and I prefer writing it, so... I haven't wrote any slash before [well, except a short drabble] so I'll say it might not be as good as if somebody else wrote it, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: Any but Tricksters Prank.

Fantasium
    Character/Pairing(s): I'm not really picky about who my author wants to write. I would much rather he or she chose a character they're interested in and have an understanding for and write something brilliant, than struggling to come up with something for one of my favourite characters. That said, if you want suggestions, feel free to go with any of the Weasleys, Harry, Neville, Luna, Dumbledore or perhaps Lupin. Second generation and minor characters interest me too, since there is so much room for interpretation. If you want to write an OC that's fine as well, but in that case I prefer if it's in reference to a prominent canon character so that I have something to relate to.

Prompt(s): I would love a story that deals with the inner darkness of a character. It doesn't have to be a Death Eater's obvious malice; I would much rather my author wrote a story about a generally sympathetic character, showing me their dark side. No one is all light and innocence, but all of us carry a darkness inside of us. Guilt, jealousy, annoyance, dark fantasies, unfounded hatred and so on - please, write me a convincing blackness of someone's heart. Romance, tragedy, mystery, setting, sad or happy ending - all of that and everything else is up to you.

Trick-or-Treat Theme: I'd be happy with any theme my author wants to take on, although I'm not really looking for a humorous story. I think that Witching Hour or Masquerade Ball would better fit the more serious mood I'm hoping for.

Limitations: I'm comfortable writing any rating and subject matter, and I'll do my best with any character and story generation.

Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: I'll be happy to write any theme although I can't promise anything tremendous for Trickster's Prank.

Hermoine Jean Granger
    Character/Pairing(s): The Black Sisters, Dean Thomas, the Weasleys (especially if Charlie or Bill), Hermione Granger, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus/Tonks, Bill/Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Helena Ravenclaw, and Tom Riddle(before he became Voldemort). Character-centric stories are definitely ♥.

Prompt(s): As this swap is Halloween-themed, something Dark/Angsty, please. I think I'd love to see a story where there's transformation in a person's character. A small incident compounded many fold. Or maybe a misunderstanding leading to more. A mask being pulled off forcefully. A death, perhaps, or even a disappearance. A mystery. Unbidden thoughts that take over the mind. Lose Control. Supressed emotions. A dark side to a seemingly normal situation.

Any of the above mentioned ideas would be wonderful to read.

Um, the only plea if you choose to go for romance is, please no "they lived happily ever after" stories. Romance devoid of fluff and light-hearted conversations, please.

Trick-or-Treat Theme: I think I'd love to read Witching Hour or Masquerade Ball.

Limitations: Please, no Dumbledore, Snape, Fleur, Harry/Ginny and James/Lily. And Slash. Everything else is absolutely fine.

Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: All other than Trickster's Prank, though I think I'd do better with Witching Hour and Masquerade Ball.

@.@ I apparently take two days to compose one post.

GringottsVault711
    Character/Pairing(s): If you could pull of Draco/Lily Luna I will worship you. But I'm also equally enthusiastic about Lily/Narcissa, Rose/Scorpius, and Charlie/Fleur.

Prompt(s): My one "requirement" is that the romance between the characters be illicit or forbidden* (which is a given for 3/4 of the pairings, anyway. Hee.)

I would also love passion/lust. I don't mean smut, but I would like just the suggestion or tone of a physical relationship.

Some themes I would like, and of you can pick and choose from depending on the pairing or your inspiration: Impulsivity. Jealousy. Obsession. Possessive love. Being trapped in a situation. Knowing you should walk away but being unable to. Not being able to decide if what you want is actually what you want.

( *Re: forbidden romance. If you choose Rose/Scorpius, please don't use the Weasley-Malfoy, "our families forbid it" angle. I'd rather it be a different reason; perhaps one or both of them is already in a relationship. Extra points if one of them is involved with a best friend/relative of the other. )

Trick-or-Treat Theme: Witching Hour, as first choice, Masquerade Ball as second. (It can, of course, be a combination of the two.) Spooky Treat or Ghost Story, too, if that works for you.

Limitations: N/A (As I'm the organiser. I don't need to tell myself my limitations. >.>)

Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: N/A

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    I'm not here - you haven't seen me and I'm not quite back yet either. But I heard there was a swap going on and that I needed to post to sign up and who am I to resist the call? So I've broken my planned six weeks without MNFF and logged for the first time since June () to post very quickly before once again disapparating until Saturday when I shall have returned to Britain and my own laptop.

Character/Pairing(s): I am, as I think some (if not all) know, a Ron/Hermione obsessive. However I'm always open to something different and I'd rather read something the author enjoyed writing. Remus/Tonks is another recent favourite and maybe Charlie Weasley would be interesting, or Bill/Fleur. The only characters/pairing I would not enjoy reading would be any of the traditional Draco pairings (Hermione, Ginny etc) or something involving Snape.
    Prompt(s): Even though I've given pairings, I'm not that bothered about getting a romance. I'd quite like something a bit dark (though not involving death/mourning) or with a sinister edge. I'd like it to have a bit of action/drama - maybe something set during the war - a DE attack or something. I'm being a bit vague aren't I . I'm pretty open to anything so as long as the person enjoys writing it and it has something I've mentioned in this rambly paragraph, I'll be happy.
    Trick-or-Treat Theme: Witching Hour or Masquerade Ball

Limitations: I will give most things a go, but really struggle with Draco, Snape and humour. I've also never written anything Marauder. Unusual pairings/characters might not turn out very well but I don't object to writing them.
    Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write:
    (please list 2-5). Anything except Trickster's Prank

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

dory_the_fishie
    -hurries in-

I love the Spooky Swap!

Character/Pairing(s): James/Lily, Sirius/Lily, Regulus/Lily (what? I like shipping Lily? >.>), Remus/Tonks ... or just Sirius, Regulus, Lily, Remus, not necessarily in pairing form. I pretty much love the Marauders, but I also adore Ron/Hermione.

Prompt(s): I think, for Halloween, I'd really like something rather dark (which I realize lends itself to some of the pairings/characters I listed better than others, but I thought I'd open up the possibilities as much as possible). I don't need a happy ending, and some mystery, suspense, and surprises are all welcome. I particularly like character-driven pieces.

Trick-or-Treat Theme: Masquerade Ball, Witching Hour

Limitations: I'm pretty open to try lots of things, but my strengths definitely lie in the Marauder Era (excepting Snape). I tend towards the darker stuff, but I can pull some fluff out when needed. I'd prefer not to write humor.

Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: Anything except Trickster's Prank, preferably.