Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPEW Spooky Swap Trick-Or-Treat Fest III

GringottsVault711

SPEW Spooky Swap Trick-Or-Treat Fest III

Introducing

The SPEW Spooky Swap Trick-or-Treat Fest III

Sign-Ups now through August 6th. Assignments sent out August 7th.
    Stories due October 25th. Stories posted beginning October 26th.

For those of you who have not participated in a SpookySwap before, and as a refresher for those who have, this story exchange is set apart by it's Halloween theme, which all stories will reflect. The five trick-or-treat themes (some with shiny new names!) for SpookySwap stories are:

Ghost Stories - stories that involve with the paranormal, by way of Being (ghosts, poltergeists, other transient apparitions) or Situation (strange, unexplainable circumstances or phenomena).
    Spooky Treat - Classic Halloween tone - fog, mist, graveyards, black cats, jack-o-lanterns. A bewitching atmosphere, but fairly light at heart.
    Witching Hour - More ominous and/or sinister; stories with dark themes to accompany the dark tone.
    Trickster's Prank - Halloween-themed humour.
    Masquerade Ball - Stories about deceptions or fašades.

Sign-Up Guidelines / Rules

• Post your request in this thread by Thursday, August 6th (11:59 PST).
    • Requests should not contain anything inappropriate for MNFF.
    • Requests should be somewhat flexible; please list at least two options for both Character/Pairing and Trick-Or-Treat Theme. (You may indicate a first-choice preference, but provide at least one other option).
    • Do not request a fic if you are not absolutely sure you will be able to take the time to write one for someone else.
    • I will send out assignments by Friday, August 7th.
    • Use this format for your request post:

Character/Pairing(s):
      Prompt(s):
      Trick-or-Treat Theme:

Limitations
      : (On what you can write; limitations on ratings, and any of your character/pairing or genre blind-spots go here.)
      Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: (please list 2-5).
    • If there is any problem with your request post, I will PM you prior to the closing of the thread and ask that such problem be remedied. This is a rare occurence, but should someone happen to write out an entire plotline for a prompt, or provide limitations that states they won't write any pairing other than the ones they actively ship, they might have to make a change

Submission Guidelines / Rules

• The story must be beta'd. There are no exceptions. Don't PM to ask if it's really mandatory; I'll say that it is.
    • When writing your story, please consider rating and content (such as language, sexual situations, etc) with regards to the taste of your recipient.
    • When submitting your story, please include this header:

<b>Title:</b>
      <b>For:</b>
      <b>Characters/Pairings:</b>
      <b>Rating:</b>
      <b>Warnings (if any):</b>
      <b>A/N:</b>
    • If desired, please also include a note from you to your recipient.
    • Stories should include all HTML tags [<i>italics</i>, <b>bold</b>, etc;]
    • Stories should be PM'd or emailed to me [Jenna/ GringottsVault711] by the due-date.
    • If your story contains any words that may be editted by the forum censor, you must email it to me, or else make a very obvious note to me at the top of your PM, so that I can edit before posting.
    • If you email it to me, please send it as an attachment. Do not put the text in the body of the e-mail. (If you need my e-mail address, just PM me.)

All stories due October 25th

ElectronicQuillster
    Couldn't resist a chance to be first, especially not for my FAVORITE SPEW SWAP IN THE ENTIRE REALM OF SPEW!

Character/Pairing(s): Harry, Harry/Katie, Lucille/Sirius (What?! Don't look at me like that...), James/Lily + Mauaruders, Regulus, Teddy/Victoire, Andromeda/Ted. These are basically listed in order of preference - Regulus is my favorite, but I'm in the mood for something different, possibly.
    Prompt(s): I want a story where everything seems normal, but ultimately lives are at stake because of some out of the ordinary danger that appears - not Death Eaters or Voldemort (how normal for the wizarding world, -wink-). A character may or may not die, I don't want to know until the end/until it happens. Romantic involvement in a story is always something I crave. Also, stories that may have a tone of similarity to Neil Gaiman's work, particularly 'The Graveyard Book', so chilling and beautiful but still very real.

Some quotes that may or may not be used, but just including them in case they might strike inspiration in my writer:
    “Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” -Edgar Allen Poe

“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” -Ellanor Roosevelt

"There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery."
    - Lord Jim (Joseph Conrad)

"We are fascinated by the darkness in ourselves, we are fascinated by the shadow, we are fascinated by the boogeyman." -Anthony Hopkins (I would particularly like to see this explored if either of the Black brothers is used)
    Or, if my mystery author finds they'd like to be inspired by songs as well, then I'll just throw these out there, too: '15 Steps' by Radiohead, 'Into Dust' by Mazzy Star, 'The Golden Floor' by Snow Patrol, 'Signs' by Bloc Party, or 'Something to Believe In' by Aqualung.

Trick-or-Treat Theme: Witching Hour and/or Ghost Stories, also Masquerade Ball

Limitations: I'm willing to tackle anyone but Lucius or Snape. Seriously. Anyone, but NO Dramione or Draco/Ginny.
    Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: All EXCEPT Trickster's Prank

Indigoenigma
    Character/Pairing(s): Minerva/Tom, Minerva McGonagall, Sirius/Remus, Remus Lupin, Albus Dumbledore, Albus/Gellert, Severus Snape, Bella/Lucius

Prompt(s): I'm really looking for a dark and rather spooky romance. No deaths, please. I just want something rather more sinister than a simple and/or fluffy romance. Interpret that as you will.

Should you need further prompting for that, general things that I would love to see explored (because I haven't got any fitting quotes handy) are:

~light vs. darkness
    ~strength (mental or physical)
    ~power

(Any of the above characters not listed in a pairing can be paired off with whomever you wish, should it suit your ideas).

Trick-or-Treat Theme: I would prefer Masquerade Ball, but Witching Hour/Spooky Treat are fine as well.

Limitations: Kelly doesn't write Trio. Or humor. Everything else is very welcome.

Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: Everything BUT Trickster's Prank.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Character/Pairing(s): As I've recently gotten into all of them, I really would love Bella/Lucius, Bella/Rodolphus, Lucius/Narcissa [or, a combination of all three ], Sirius/Marlene McKinnon, Fred/Angelina, or pretty much any woman other than Fleur with Bill Weasley. And, of course, you know you can never go wrong with a good Sirius/Lily for me. I would not be object to Regulus/Lily either. I realized I actually haven't read many Malfoy fics, and none with Lucius, really, so that would be my first choice. Really, though, if you write anything with any of the Blacks and/or Malfoys, anything with Fred or Bill Weasley, or just generally anything Non-canon, you'll be sure to please me.

Prompt(s): Nikki loves the dark themes. No fluff, please. She doesn't need a happy ending, but she wouldn't mind one if you want to write it. Character-driven fics make her squee. No real 'plot' is no real problem. Affairs and forbidden romances with a sinister undertone are love. D/A all the way. She's not at all object to higher ratings. In fact, she'd prefer that.

A few quotes, maybe? You don't HAVE to use them, but just to give you some more ideas ...

'Love is temperamental. Tiring. It makes demands. Love uses you, changes its mind. But hatred, now that's something you can use. Sculpt. Wield. It's hard or soft, however you need it. Love humiliates you, but hatred cradles you.' -- Janet Fitch, White Oleander.

'I'm just looking for an angel with a broken wing.' -- Jimmy Page

'Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
    Shine on you crazy diamond.
    Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
    Shine on you crazy diamond.' -- Pink Floyd, Shine On You Crazy Diamond

'How I wish, how I wish you were here.' -- Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

'Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.' -- Jim Morrison

'You have to go on a be crazy. Craziness is heaven.' -- Jimi Hendrix

'It's as simple as that.' -- Keith Richards

'If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet.' -- Keith Richards

Trick-or-Treat Theme: I'd prefer Masquerade Ball and/or Witching Hour.

Limitations: I don't write major Trio-gen characters other than Draco; minor characters I can work with, but I would prefer not to. Humor is out. I have a hard time writing fluffy/light-hearted stuff as well. Next-gen is iffy, but I am willing to write it. Other than that, I'm very open to everything and everyone else.

Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: Masquerade Ball or Witching Hour would probably create the best story from me, and would be what I would prefer to write; however, I can write any of them except Trickster's Prank.
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

jenny b
    Character/Pairing(s): Any next-gen pairing would be lovely. Draco/anyone, Ron/Hermione ... the Weasley family in general are good too.

Prompt(s): A romance would be great, whether it be light and fluffy or dark and sinister. I'd prefer maybe something in between, though. Wow I fail at giving prompts. Head over heels, love at first sight, starry-eyed, forbidden, secrets, passion. That's my random train of thoughts for you.

Trick-or-Treat Theme:
    I would prefer Masquerade Ball, then Spooky Treat and Witching Hour, but really I'd love anything.

Limitations: I'm willing to try my hand at anything, but I might struggle with certain characters like Voldemort, Snape, Bellatrix and Dumbledore. Everything else is fine, though.

Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: I would prefer to write Spooky Treat or Masquerade Ball. I struggle with humour, but I'll still give them all a go.

MerryD
    Character/Pairing(s): James/Lily, Sirius/Lily, Regulus Black, Narcissa (Black) Malfoy, Lily (Evans) Potter, Narcissa/Lucius, Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, Dean/Luna, Rose/Scorpius, Teddy/Victoire, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Andromeda/Ted . . . I'm a pretty easy person to please.

(Characters not paired up are welcomed to be paired with anyone of your choosing. Also, pairings and characters aren't in any particular order. And same-sex pairings are okay with me, too.)

Prompt(s): I'd like a dark romance. And since it's Halloween (-ish) I want it to be thrilling/scary. And surprising. I wouldn't mind crying. Or having a character die. Oh, wow, I sound like a lovely person . . . You know, heartache is good, too . . .

Trick-or-Treat Theme: Witching Hour or Masquerade Ball or perhaps Ghost Stories could be intriguing too . . .

Limitations: um, I'm not funny. And I struggle with the Trio, but can be up to the challenge if need be. But I'm not up to the challenge of Snape.

Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: All, but as I'm not funny, please no Trickster's Prank.

<3Mere

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Trick-or-Treat Theme: Trickster's Prank would be absolute win, though I don't mind the other four either.
    Character/Pairing(s): If you're going with Trickster's Prank, I'd love for it to feature Severus Snape, because his I love his sarcastic, dry, biting sense of humour. Or Lord Voldemort. Or anyone, really, I don't mind.
    Prompt(s): If you're going with Trickster's Prank, and Severus Snape, like I said, I'd prefer a more sarcastic type of humour. If you're going with Trickster's Prank and Lord Voldemort, I'd like to see Lord Voldemort in some embarrassing situation.

If you're planning to use any one of the other themes, I'd like something chillingly scary-- something that makes me jump out of my chair screaming, or makes me have nightmares. If not that, I've recently started to like dark, lustful romances as well.

A few prompts, not at all necessary...

"I'm going to die, if it's the last thing I do!"

"I think we should get married." "But we already are! Oh, do you mean to each other?"

Finally, I'd like to add a little note: I'd honestly rather have a really good fic from one of the other themes, rather than having to force someone to write humour and end up with something substandard.

Limitations: Eh, pretty much open to whatever you throw at me. I'm not the greatest at characterising Dumbledore, at writing good fluff or writing a good smut scene >.>
    Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: Hit me with anything you may have.

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Character/Pairing(s):
    • Susan Bones, anyone of the Black family, Marauders, Lily, the Weasleys, Next-Gen (canon), founders
    • Ted/Andromeda, Draco/Astoria, Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, Neville/Hannah Abbott

Prompt(s): I wouldn't mind a Masquerade Ball with some love story included (doesn't have to have a happy ending, but I wouldn't mind one), or a Ghost Story (but please not so scary that it needs a Professor's rating). But I'm also open to anything that comes to mind for the Witching Hour and Spooky Treat, as long as it doesn't turn into Professor rated and any of the main characters die. Side-characters' death is okay as long as it's not actively shown. Basically, I'm easily scared and don't want to be scared to death. But I'm open to anything for the above characters and pairings.

Trick-or-Treat Theme: any except Trickster's Prank please

Limitations: I don't do well with Severus Snape and Voldemort, I'd rather not write romantic pairings that aren't canon, and please no same-sex pairings.

Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: Any except Trickster's Prank - I just can't write humour to save my life.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

XhayleeXblackX
    Character/Pairing(s): I'd really love Narcissa/Lucius, Teddy/Victoire, Draco/Astoria, Blaise Zabini, Bill/Fleur, Bellatrix (Black) Lestrange. And any of those characters alone are fine as well.

Prompt(s): I wouldn't mind reading something rather dark and without a happy ending. Character death is perfectly fine with me. Of course, I don't mind happy endings either. But, I'd like a little romance in there if possible.

Some Quotes:

"Life is but a dream."

"Love is a battlefield."

"Most people are stronger than they know. They just forget to believe in it sometimes." --Keith Scott, One Tree Hill

Trick-or-Treat Theme: I'd really love a Masquerade Ball or Witching Hour, but Ghost Stories and Spooky Treat are lovely as well.

Limitations: I can't write Maraurders, Dumbledore, or Snape to save my life. Anything else, though, is perfectly fine.
    Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: Any really, except Trickster's Prank. I am horrid at humor stories.

-Haylee

A.H.
    Character/Pairing(s):

If any, Harry/Draco pleasems. Outside of that, though, Regulus, Sirius, James I, or Draco (trio-era) would be loverly.

Prompt(s):

I'd like a story that's dark, creepy and sinister enough to scare me out of my shoes. But . . . hm. The threat shouldn't be a bad guy (e.g. Voldemort xP) but the MC or MinorC, i.e. they have undergone something that makes them completely insane and homicidal. Was it a curse? Has their sanity just broken? Surprise me. xD

Quoteness:

--> So many people say that they were pushed off that cliff; that they fell, or never saw it coming. I've been sitting here my entire life, taking pictures of the rocks I could hit on the way down. I suppose it's always been a choice and I've just been teetering here, waiting to decide. Turn around or jump?

--Ari xP

Trick-or-Treat Theme:

Witching Hour or Masquerade Ball. If a super sinister theme could be spun on Masquerade Ball that would be perfect. <3

Limitations: I cannot write humor at all. And even though Harry/Draco is my OTP, I can't write them (other Slash ships are <3 though ). Characters I can't write are Bellatrix, Narcissa, Snape or Dumbledore. Other than that, I'll take on anything. :]

Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write:
    Ghost Stories would be at the top of the list, with Witching Hour a close tie. I could give a go at Masquerade Ball but it's iffy.