Closed Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 19

ElectronicQuillster
    In reply to eternalangel:

The templates for the forums were designed and put together by QueenHal - founder of the BA and designer of many of the skins that have been available on the archives.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Hi- my one-shot "Lolita or My Mistakes were made for you" has been in the queue since the 26th October. It's in the post-hogwarts category under the pen name welshdevondragon. There were some problems with the last one-shot I submitted, but if this is delayed just because the mods are overloaded etc then don't worry and sorry to bother you but I just wondered if I needed to resubmit it. Thank you!
    Banner by Minna.

OHara

Banner Trouble

Hi, I'm OHara of Gryffindor House and I've been having constant trouble with my banners.

I have been unable to get my banners (stored on Photobucket) into my MNFF profile. I've tried putting the links in the text of my main page, tried using the "Manage Images" menu, nothing's worked.

Is it a glitch? Am I doing something wrong?

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by welshdevondragon
    Hi- my one-shot "Lolita or My Mistakes were made for you" has been in the queue since the 26th October. It's in the post-hogwarts category under the pen name welshdevondragon. There were some problems with the last one-shot I submitted, but if this is delayed just because the mods are overloaded etc then don't worry and sorry to bother you but I just wondered if I needed to resubmit it. Thank you!

I have taken care of the chapter that was ahead of yours as well as your own.

Sorry about the wait in the queue. :-)

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OHara
    Hi, I'm OHara of Gryffindor House and I've been having constant trouble with my banners.

I have been unable to get my banners (stored on Photobucket) into my MNFF profile. I've tried putting the links in the text of my main page, tried using the "Manage Images" menu, nothing's worked.

Is it a glitch? Am I doing something wrong?

OHara -

I took this from the FAQ's:

How do I get images into my signature?

•Upload your image to a host such as photobucket or yahoo. (Do not hotlink! Stealing bandwidth is uncool!)
    •Go to your User CP, click on "Edit Signature"
    •Use this code (without any spaces): [img ] http: // URL of your image [/ img]
    Hopefully this helps.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

OHara

Banner Trouble

Hi Nicole! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! (I always forget how fast you guys are!)

I've been having the trouble on the actual fan fiction site rather than the beta boards. My author page simply refuses to accept my banners. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Is there anything I should be doing (or not doing)?

Thanks for your time!

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Quick question: When are we getting our QSQ banners? Because I've seen a few people with theirs and ... I kind of want mine. So I was just wondering if you know at all when they'll be sent out, or why some of them have while others have note? Just curious ... Thanks!

xox
    nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Nikki, sorry that would be my fault. Give me 24hrs and i'll make sure every winner has their banner. (They're all made - i just need my laptop back to send them all out)

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Quote Originally Posted by OHara
    I've been having the trouble on the actual fan fiction site rather than the beta boards. My author page simply refuses to accept my banners. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    OHara - Our site is not designed to have banners in author profiles, unfortunately. A lucky few managed to save theirs from years gone by, but since we upgraded our systems a short time ago it has been very difficult to post banners in your profile. If you've seen someone with a banner in their profile, perhaps ask them how they managed it as it's been impossible for me for some time. We're supposed to have a system that lets us host them for you, but that does not work due to our pitiful server space. Overall, if everyone put banners on their profiles, our site would be a lot slower and a lot harder to use. We ask that people restrict their banners to the beta boards only. Sorry.

10. 11-08-2009, 02:16 PM

11. 11-09-2009, 07:19 AM

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Hello mods,

Is there an option to change the date format? It's really confusing for me to see the date as mm/dd/yy instead of dd/mm/yy, so I was just wondering if it could be changed like the timezones can be.

Sarah x

EDIT:: Thanks, Nikki. I can deal with the dates, it was just a wondering. Thanks!

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Closed Thread