Closed Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 19

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

I was on the site today and I tried to click on Categories, but it showed up blank. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is the whole site down?

Kate
    IB + Senior Year = Hiatus...again
    Kate...iPoem!...iWrite!...iBanner!...Dumbledore's Navy!
    Avvie and banner by me! Please request!

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Which site skin are you currently using? I just checked and they're not showing up properly on some skins. However, if you switch to dragon, you find they all appear as normal. I'll let the people with the ability to change them know about the problem

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I looked before, and I just checked again - I can edit or delete my favorite authors, but not my favorite stories. The only options I am ever offered for the stories appear under the ones that also happen to be my own stories [>.> LOL] and these are only to edit or delete said stories - not even to remove those from my favorites [and I know because I accidentally deleted one of my fics a couple months ago, intending only to remove it from my favorites].
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    This has now been sorted, but for general reference, it appears to be a problem with the dragon skin not showing the options to edit/remove favourites. I'll pass it on and hopefully it'll get fixed soon

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    This morning it's been really hard to get onto the site; the first five times I kept getting a message saying that the link is broken. I can only get onto the site if I go through the fanfiction page, and even that doesn't work sometimes. It also does it when I click on random sub-forums. Is this just my computer being weird, or is it the website?

Sarah x

Thanks Terri!

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Sarah,
    This is a glitch in the system which we run into from time to time with increased server traffic. As with the various error messages about lack of memory and server space, we are trying to ease the strain on the server with our cleaning projects.

When this happens, the only thing you can do is to keep trying. Sometimes it is only a short time before you can access the site again, but I have seen it last a day or so.

Don't worry, it isn't your computer. It is the server.

I just wanted to add, the main Mugglenet site has posted this on Twitter:

MuggleNet

Attention! MuggleNet will not be 100% functional over the next 24 - 48 hours as we move to a new server. Please bear with us!
    This explains the problems of this morning. We can expect intermediate problems while the switch is being made. It isn't anything to worry about. I just wanted to let everyone know.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    Hey. I was just trying to view my drabble thread because someone replied, and when I tried to access the thread, it said I was unable to view the thread because I didn't have the permissions, or my account has been disabled.

Then I went to my profile and it said my message 'I see dead people... in mirrors" and underneath, it says no house... My post count is the same, as well as the groups I'm in, all of the information on my profile, and my signature is still there. And now when I go back to the main page, I can't see anything past Hermione's Corner. I looked at one of my posts and it says nothing next to it - no Slytherin.

I logged out and logged back in, and I still have no house.

Also, I am subscribed to many threads, meaning I check my emails when I wake up in the morning to see who's replied. I checked this morning, and I had to emails. And then I went to the user CP and it said that heaps of different threads have been replied to, all of which I am subscribed to - I should have received emails. I am not sure whether it is the site or my email playing up, but i thought I would mention it.

~ Annalise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Annalise,

I fixed the House issue, though I don't know why it did that. I'm seeing two groups that you are a part of (SBBC and one other that escapes me mind) but I cannot check your subscribed threads.

Let me know via PM if there are any other issues.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

mahogany_wand
    Hello! I have a question about the new term. Shouldn't it be the Winter Term as we just finished up Autumn?

Thanks for your time.

~M_W

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    We only have three terms on MNFF - Spring, Summer and Autumn. They last for just under four months each with a two week break between to allow for point totalling etc. It's similar to the school system in the UK which has only three terms. I have been back to check in case I made a mistake but as far as I can tell we have not ever had a winter term, or at least not in the last couple of years.

For reference, the term dates until the end of 2010 are:

Spring Term: 3rd January 2010 - 18th April 2010

(Two Week Break)

Summer Term: 2nd May 2010 - 22nd August 2010

(Two Week Break)

Autumn Term: 3rd September 2010 - 19th December 2010

Closed Thread