Closed Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 19

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Snaperiffic: Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I will post your question in our business thread so everyone sees it and it can be discussed. Your patience while we hash things out is appreciated.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

2. 02-06-2010, 08:02 AM

DracoGurlFurever
    Is there a way to strikethrough text in posts? (I mean, for example, if you want to edit your post but also show what you had written earlier with a line drawn through it).

If not, would it be possible to add it to the custom BB codes for these forums? I was hoping to use the technique for a challenge entry...

Thanks!

Hugs,
    Apurva.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    Hey!

I've been having issues over on the archives. I can log in okay, but then when I try to post a new chapter or anything, it logs out and I can't do anything. I've tried enabling cookies but that doesn't change anything. Any ideas?

Olivia

Banner by the lovely Megan/FawkesToTheRescue

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    Me and my friend are trying to make an account for her, but MNFF wont let me log out I can't create a new account without logging out.

I can log out to begin with, but if I try to navigate ariund the site, it signs me back in!

Any help?

~Russia xxxxx

EDIT: I doesn't matter anymore. I deleted all my internet memories and it worked, only now it forgot me... >.>
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

kristyanne

Sorting Quiz Results

Hey Mods!
    I was just wondering how long after you submit your answers to the Sorting Quiz does it take to get your results. I submitted my answers about 2 weeks ago and have received no response yet. I am not trying to rush anyone. I am new and was just curious. Also I have tried to sign up at MNFF and have been unable to register because the security code does not show up one my computer or any other that I have tried. I'm not sure if this is in your power to help me with but I would love to be able to access those stories. Thanks for you time.
    Kristy

Edit: I have found out what house I am in so ignore that part, but I still would like to know about registering at MNFF. Thanks! Kristy

Edit 2: I tried to register again today at MNFF and I was able to because the security image was deleted. YAY! Thanks, Kristy

7. 02-22-2010, 02:32 AM

the_weird_one
    Quick little question-

When are the new terms starting for class? It seems like a while since the last one ended, and the classes still haven't been updated. I know I'm being a little pushy, but I'm just eager for a new term to start up and for us to earn some pointsssss.

Any information would be appreciated!
    -Addy

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Apurva, as far as I know, there is no strikethrough feature on the boards, but on the archives. If it would be technically implementable, I unfortunately don't know. I'll ask our admins.

Apollonious, have you tried to check the "Remember me" box next to the log in? When I log in using that feature, I have no problems staying logged in.

Addy, in general, the term is already running. We also decided to have a little restructure, meaning no classes are taught this term as many of the professors don't have the time to teach a class this term. We planned to do something different but it came to halt. I'll go nudge the appropriate people.

Regarding the Sorting: If you have questions on how to get sorted, please check the Check-in Desk. If you then still have questions, Dumbledore's Navy is more than willing to help you out. In regard to how long it takes for you to get sorted, please be patient. The Sorting Hat is usually quite busy. You will, eventually, receive the quiz and your sorting results.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Hokey
    I have been having MAJOR problems with the main fanfiction site lately... Although I log in, now and again when I click a link (it can be a category, or trying to publish a story...) it says, 'You are not authorized to access that function.' Am I the only one with these problems?? It's really frustrating me; it took three tries to submit my new story today :/

~Jen

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Jen - you aren't the only one with these problems. I can hardly use the archives at the moment. I'm guessing it's the same old problem with the amount of server space MN is giving us and it's really starting to annoy me. I hope to get it fixed soon and am very sorry for any inconvenience caused - I'm in exactly the same boat (though mine has a hole in it as I can't access our moderating area either)

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    This may be a terrible question, please don't roll your eyes.

I am writing a story for the Great Hall Month of Love challenge so it is obviously a romance. However, I want the pairing to be secret until the reader gets to the revelation in the text. But if I put it in the appropriate category, the secret is out. Does that make sense? This is sort of important to me as I want the impact of the secret to hit while reading the story.

So my question is - can I put it in the General category? Or Post-Hogwarts as it takes place after DH? There isn't a general Romance category, right? So what about Other pairing (even though it's really not)?

Thank you for your advice and understanding!
    ~Gina

EDIT: Sorry I asked in the wrong place - I thought about asking in the GH, but for some reason (not sure why) I changed my mind and came here. Sorry but thanks!! :P

Closed Thread