Closed Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 19

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    My fault - I was playing with the QSQ forums and missed an adjustment. Should be fixed now. If anyone else can see things they shouldn't, please PM me directly. Thanks.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    Hello,
    I was wondering (I know this is totally not possible for me) how do you decide upon HoH and Prefects. Is it just people who have been member's since near the opening of the site or friends of the founder's or do you have to work your way up like at Hogwarts?
    Also, how do you become a mod and what are the classes? Are they classes about writing or something else. Sorry for all of the questions, I'm a new member and only 13 so it's a little hard to figure out.

Thanks for your time.
    ~ Annalise

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

LucillaJoanna
    Annalise,

HoH's, prefects and mods have all earned their positions, whether they applied for it or were picked. It's not so much as working your way up as working with smarts and tact. Some mods have only been here a year or so. It's not a matter of how long you've been here or who you know. It's your work and ethics that recommend you.

How to become a mod: time and again, positions open and there are closed and open hirings. Closed hirings are when the mods ask certain upstanding members to the position. Open hirings are when applications are solicited. Applications should be thoroughly filled and come with recommendations from at least three members.

The classes: they are about writing. Specifically, writing quality Harry Potter fan fiction, though the lessons can also be used in composition outside the world of HP.

I recommend touring the Check-In Desk. Welcome and enjoy.

4. 10-13-2009, 07:10 AM

5. 10-19-2009, 09:33 PM

Unregistered
    Hi Mods,

This is Rhi for HP. I keep logging in, and it says "thank you for logging in Rhi for HP," it does the whole redirection deal, and the new page that pops up has me not logged in. I've tried at least a dozen times to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rhi

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Ick, Rhiannon.

There isn't anything that I can find which would not allow you to log on.

Have you tried the basics like rebooting, etc?

I'm sorry I'm not of any help here - I'm just as perplexed as you are!

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Hello. I have a technical question to ask. Okay, I am working on setting up an original fiction forums for me, my co-workers and anyone else who wants to join. I wanted to model it after this forum because I love the layout. I noticed that it is powered by V-bulletin. Now my question is, where did you get the template for the forum layout? I found a site that offers free download of the template, but I'm a little hesitant in downloading it and was going to check with you guys to see where you got your template from.

I know this is a very strange question and may have a complex answer, but any help is most appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Banner of one of my favorite characters. Icon is a quote from Battlestar Galactica. Banner and icon by me.

DHSucked
    I'm trying to make a new thread and I get a message saying I don't have "permission". What gives?

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    DHSucked, not being allowed to create threads can have two reasons: First, you're not yet sorted, and second, you probably tried to create a thread in a forum that is open only through membership, like SPEW for example. If you're not a member of such groups, you're not able to post the forums and get this "no permission" message.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Crouch attacked Krum!
    Hi Mods,

This is not an issue of incredible urgency but I'd just like to mention it.

When I logged on this morning, the time on here was out by an hour. What I mean is that I have the boards set to GMT + 13 because I'm in New Zealand. However, this morning all the times are an hour late. It is 15:26 here but it says 14:26 on the boards. It has never done this before. And daylight saving came in a month ago so it can't be that either. Just a little confused.

Thanks for your time!

Julia

Edit: Oh okay! Thanks, Nicole. It's alright now.

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Julia -

Daylight savings time begins here in the US (this morning) at 2am. We will be setting our clocks back an hour at that time. Are there other parts of the world who do the same on Sunday morning?

That might be why your computer is showing you what you are seeing in regards to the time.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Closed Thread