Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 19

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hermione, you're a girl!

Ask A Moderator - Part 19

Please view our Forum's Frequently Asked Questions and Archive's Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

When asking a question that specifically applies to you, your account, or a particular story, you MUST provide the pertinent information, such as your uid.

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hermione, you're a girl!
    Double Posting (which is BAD) to show the questions still unanswered in the other thread:

I can't seem to add co-authors to my story, which is called "The Hidden Truth". I tried it a lot, but it still doesn't work. Anyone knows why?

--Nadia

(and another which was touched on by several authors):

Just on Molly and Kara's subject, I have trouble adding favourite authors sometimes too, it just appears to jump back to my profile page instead of adding anything to my favourites. The same thing happens when I add favourite stories, it doesnt always happen but it does quite often.

Russia xxxxx

Banner by SimplyBeing

childofpotter13
    Hello, I have recently decided to come back after a long break. . .

But, upon trying to access my account at MNFF, I can't remember my username, .

I was able to request a new password, but can't 'member the username to go with it.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Sam

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    How do I go about removing a favorite story? I thought that there was a link to do that under 'Manage Favorites,' but I can't seem to find it. I also looked under 'View Statistics' --> 'Favorite Stories,' but there wasn't a link there either.

Thanks.
    -Ayra

Edit - Terri, the links under the summary still say 'Add Story to Favorites' or 'Add Author to Favorites.'

iDrabble iWrite

Lovely banner by Riham (padfoot_returns)
    Avvie by Samarie (Love_is_4ever)

That which cannot break you will only make you stronger.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Ayra,
    Under manage favorites, click on the stories. Under the summary of the story, there should be a link that states, remove favorite.

Hope that helps.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

6. 07-22-2009, 08:32 AM

PadfootnPeeves
    Hi,

I've been experiencing problems with my email lately, so I switched it to another account so I would be able to view my messages. Now that I did, however, I can't view the Gryffindor forum. Is this supposed to happen if you switch an email address?

Thanks!
    ~PnP

EDIT: It's fine now, I didn't realise you had to confirm it and everything. Thank you!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hermione, you're a girl!
    PnP:

Yes, it's because you changed your e-mail that you are unable to view Gryffindor. If you send a PM to an Admin, we can log on and adjust everything for you. Terri (mudbloodproud) and Laura (Tyrannolaurus) can help while the three of us are on vacation. (I *think*) If they are unable to access it, PM Phoenix5252 or myself and we can get to it when we return.

~Nicole

Banner by SimplyBeing

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Something else I have noticed on the subject of 'Favorite Authors', I notice someone was able to add me to their Favorite Authors list, so it just might be only a few accounts that are affected by this bug.

Just something I though I should bring up. I'm also going to message the person and ask if they've had any problems.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

iamlordvoldemort

reposting...

sorry for reposting these questions but I asked them on Part 18 and they got lost in the shuffle.

1. I have come up with the perfect title for my new fanfic, only to discover that it has already been used! Is it permitted to reuse titles?
    2. If a story is canon compliant with the whole entire series except for, let's say, one paragraph in the Epilogue, is it still AU? Could I just put an "Epilogue? What Epilogue?" warning on it and put it in the General Fics category?

thank you!

~Anna~

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    iamlordvoldemort, sorry that we missed your questions. As for your first one, I just went through and made a quick check on how many used the same titles with "love" in it. I found titles that were used by various users for different stories in different categories, e.g. "A Mother's Love" three times, "Acidentally in Love" twice. So go ahead and use your title. It's fanfiction after all, not origific where there could be trouble with same titles. As for your second questions, yes, you can. You can also add an AU warning. You don't have to put it into the AU category.

Hope that cleared it for you.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Closed Thread