Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 19

Hybrid View

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!

Ask A Moderator - Part 19

Please view our Forum's Frequently Asked Questions and Archive's Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

When asking a question that specifically applies to you, your account, or a particular story, you MUST provide the pertinent information, such as your uid.

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Double Posting (which is BAD) to show the questions still unanswered in the other thread:

I can't seem to add co-authors to my story, which is called "The Hidden Truth". I tried it a lot, but it still doesn't work. Anyone knows why?

--Nadia

(and another which was touched on by several authors):

Just on Molly and Kara's subject, I have trouble adding favourite authors sometimes too, it just appears to jump back to my profile page instead of adding anything to my favourites. The same thing happens when I add favourite stories, it doesnt always happen but it does quite often.

Russia xxxxx
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

childofpotter13
    Hello, I have recently decided to come back after a long break. . .

But, upon trying to access my account at MNFF, I can't remember my username, .

I was able to request a new password, but can't 'member the username to go with it.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Sam

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    How do I go about removing a favorite story? I thought that there was a link to do that under 'Manage Favorites,' but I can't seem to find it. I also looked under 'View Statistics' --> 'Favorite Stories,' but there wasn't a link there either.

Thanks.
    -Ayra

Edit - Terri, the links under the summary still say 'Add Story to Favorites' or 'Add Author to Favorites.'

iDrabble iWrite

Lovely banner by Riham (padfoot_returns)
    Avvie by Samarie (Love_is_4ever)

That which cannot break you will only make you stronger.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Ayra,
    Under manage favorites, click on the stories. Under the summary of the story, there should be a link that states, remove favorite.

Hope that helps.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

6. 07-22-2009, 08:32 AM

Mary-ann3112
    Hi,

My story is basically about Hermione getting pregnant and, as she is having affairs with both Harry and Ron, she is unsure whom the father is. Does this break the canon compliant rule?
    My UserID is: Mary-ann3112
    The title is: A Difference of Opinion.
    I am asking because my fic has been deleted from the queue without so much as a rejection letter twice! I have a very good beta and I know it is good enough technically. It is long enough; I only put it into one category and used all the right warnings.
    Really, really disappointed as I have been writing this fic for 2 years and finally got round to submitting it.

Thanks,
    Mary-ann =]

End_of_an_Era
    First year here.
    When you submit a story to MNFF, will you receive an email? I've been having problems with staying logged in on the site (something to do with my browser caching; I know how to fix it), but when I tried to submit a poem entitled "Silent Peace", it said "Error: You are unauthorized to perform that move".
    I can't remember whether or not I had to re-log in, and I haven't received any mail, so I'm just wondering if it was sent or not. It was sent on the 27th or 28th.
    Many thanks
    -End

Roonil_Wazlib125
    Hello.

I am unsure whether this question has been asked already, but...links aren't working. I was just looking at a Bannermaker thread and I tried to go to the linked banners. But it wouldn't work! Is this Mugglenet or just my computer?

Thanks.

Roonil_Wazlib125 aka Annmarie

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Nikki,

I did preview the story, I always do because I have to check the formatting.

Now, I fiddled with the summary, removed the chapter notes completely and in the end removed 13 words so it was within limits. It now says 2097 words (which is fine) but ... if I copy and paste the story back into MSW it shows as only 2000 words - so somewhere the archive counters have added 97 words. I wondered if it was ellipses, hyphens, stars and things.

This isn't a problem as such, but it is a bit of a puzzle.

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Closed Thread