Thread: When James got the Invisibility Cloak

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

When James got the Invisibility Cloak

When did James' dad give him the cloak? Does it even say when he did? I would guess when he first started school, but his dad could've needed it for something.

I would love for you to give me your opinion if there isn't a real answer. I can't think of anything good.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Which James?

James Potter snr (Harry's dad)

or James Sirius Potter? (Harrys' son)

We don't really know, but I imagine James Potter snr took it to Hogwarts with him. He was an indulged and spoiled child, and I think his dad would have handed it over.

James Sirius Potter - hmmm, would Harry have given it up so soon?

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

Thanks for that. I'm sorry I didn't specify there. I meant Harry's dad, but it's good to hear about Harry's son. I don't think that he would give it up for him. I think Ginny would have to step up there.

Lovemagic
    I don't think James would have recieved the cloak from his father, Charlus Potter (I think, I got it off of Wikipedia). I think that James would have stolen it somehow, being the troublemaker he was.

Hayden

TheCursedQuill
    Hehe, it would be funny if he did steal it somehow

I think his father would have actually given it to him though because James was a spoiled kid. Maybe James found it first though, while snooping around his father's things. And seeing as he found it, his dad just gave it to him.

I think that Harry would give it to his son James in his first year. The cloak was very useful to him in his school years and I think Harry would want James to have the same adventures (less dangerous though, of course!) as he had.

Dinx_Skylarx
    I don't think James would have to steal the cloak, the cloak had been handed down through the centuries and it seems that if the cloak is taken with malevolent purposes it would lose it power, so only a true descendant could use it.