Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Seven Deadly Sins

Disappearance_26

Harry Potter and the Seven Deadly Sins

Hi everyone!

See, I have a little project here... but before I get started I need opinions. I need to realate a character with each of the seven deadly sins, so far I just have Dudley and Gluttony... but wat about the other six?

Who suits wrath, lust, envy, greed, sloth, and pride?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Disappearance_26
    Hi everyone!

See, I have a little project here... but before I get started I need opinions. I need to realate a character with each of the seven deadly sins, so far I just have Dudley and Gluttony... but wat about the other six?

Who suits wrath, lust, envy, greed, sloth, and pride?
    Here are some quick ideas:

Wrath Lord Voldemort
    Lust
    Envy Bellatrix Lestrange (she could be wrath as well, but envy sort of works)
    Greed Horace Slughorn
    Sloth
    Pride Lucius Malfoy

Tim the Enchanter

Inverarity
    Wrath: Voldemort, Bellatrix.
    Lust: Romilda Vane, Ginny, maybe Narcissa, possibly Bellatrix, too. (I hesitate to suggest Lavender, since I think she gets a bad rap.)
    Envy: Ron, Petunia
    Greed: Slughorn, Vernon, Ludo Bagman, Mundungus Fletcher.
    Sloth: Peter Pettigrew, Vernon, Dudley.
    Pride: Percy, Fleur.

MorganRay
    Wrath

I would make the argument that Bellatrix is a better canidate for wrath because she always seems more angry and vengeful than Voldemort.

Lust

Maybe the most difficult one here, actually, because we don't get to see a lot of lust in the series. Maybe you could portray Snape's relationship to Lily as lustful. I think it might be a bit easy to simply suggest one of the HP women (like Bellatrix or Narcissa) as lustful, but that's fanon speculation. I think we have a bit more proof Snape, and even Ginny, were lusting after other people.

Envy

I see this as being a better fit for Voldemort because he's envious of pureblood wizards and the background he does not have. Petunia is an interesting choice, too.

Greed

This one also stumped me. I can't see this as Slughorn, but I'm having trouble thinking of an alternative person. Maybe Lockheart because he was really wanted to be famous?

Sloth

Fudge because he refuses to take action to prevent Voldemort from getting powerful again.

Pride

Lucius Malfoy is a prime choice for this sin. I don't think Percy is a bad suggestion, but Lucius, and even Draco, are this sin personified.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hmm, how about adding a twist and making them not the obvious thoughts. Not sure how far I can push this but if we take incidents from the books then you could build a case around these.

Wrath Albus Dumbledore (Battle at the Ministry. Anger with Snape in The Princes Tale. Anger with Dementors (POA)). Sirius (hunting down Pettigrew led to his capture. If he'd been less wrtahful he could have throught straight.)
    Lust Molly Weasley or Arthur (they do have seven children after all)
    Envy Snape - eye watering, incoherent envy of James.
    Greed Griphook
    Sloth Slughorn.
    Pride Harry (Quidditch, Pride in father, 'acting the hero')
    Guttony Find it hard to see past Dudders, but would like to. Ron's a bit fond of eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    (I hesitate to suggest Lavender, since I think she gets a bad rap.)
    She does, doesn't she. Poor old Lavender, all she did was date Ron and become a bit soppy - he wasn't exactly without fault.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

DracoGurlFurever
    Here are my thoughts, just to add to the many good ideas already mentioned:

Wrath - Bellatrix for sure is a candidate, although Voldemort (especially in his Tom Riddle days; maybe when he kills his father?) could work too.

Lust - Pansy Parkinson for Draco? Or even Ginny in her hero-worship phase. How about Viktor Krum for Hermione? Or Ron for Fleur? (Or anyone for Fleur, really!) I like Ron for Fleur the most because it's clear he's only lusting after her; the one he's really into is Hermione, of course.

Envy - I like Petunia for this role, although I can definitely see Ron here as well: maybe during the Yule Ball or any other part of the 4th book?

Greed - Lockhart is a really good idea for this one. He wanted to be successful and well-known so much that he lost sight of the fact that he didn't actually do all the things in his books.

Pride - Draco Malfoy would be my prime choice for this sin, although Lucius Malfoy and Voldemort are good choices too. Another example - Horace Slughorn? He doesn't really flaunt it in people's faces, but he definitely works the behind-the-scenes circuit to make sure he has the best connections, and he's definitely proud of his little groups of students.

Sloth - Horace Slughorn again? If you don't use him for pride, I mean. He certainly likes to be comfortable.

Gluttony - Dudley, yay!

padfootsgirl1981
    Interesting idea !

Wrath: I agree with Bellatrix and Voldemort for this one, but also perhaps Barty Crouch Jnr, or Salazar Slytherin?
    Lust: Surprised this hasn't been mentioned, James (for Lily), Teddy Lupin ( he was snogging Victoire on the train), perhaps Sirius is you go down the cliched playboy route .
    Envy: Definitely agree with Snape for this one! Also perhaps Ron or Harry (envious of Cedric and Ginny's boyfriends).
    Greed: Slughorn, Mundungus, Helena Ravenclaw
    Sloth: Crabbe, Goyle
    Pride: Either James or Sirius, both were pretty arrogant.

Hope I helped

~Whit

Disappearance_26
    I was wondering... how do you see Ron for sloth? I don't know... he sounds like he could be, right?
    And, what about Hermione? Which sin would fit her?

~Priz

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Disappearance_26
    I was wondering... how do you see Ron for sloth? I don't know... he sounds like he could be, right?
    Well, he is kind of lazy about schoolwork, but I don't think he's particularly slothful otherwise.

And, what about Hermione? Which sin would fit her?
    Pride.

padfootsgirl1981
    Hmm, I agree with Inverarity that Ron isn't particularly sloth-like. I suppose in comparison with others he could be.

Wrath could also work for Hermione. Think about her reactions to Rita Skeeter and punching Malfoy.

Otherwise, like Inverarity also said, Pride could work .

~Whit