Thread: Voldemort's age

Hybrid View

Momo Wellish

Voldemort's age

Just as a matter of curiousity, how old was Voldemort when he died and what year was he born? My estimate is 71: he was 16 when Myrtle died, fifty years before the Chamber was reopened, so that's 66. Now he was killed five years later, making him 71, but I could be wrong.

Also, by chance, does anyone know how old Dumbledore is? My guess is around 90-120, mostly based on the year he defeated Grindelwald

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    According to HP Lexicon, Voldemort's birthday is December 31st, 1926. You can just do the calculations from here.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

mahogany_wand
    According to an interview with Jo, Dumbledore is 150. Here's the question ans answer:

Question: How old is old in the wizarding world, and how old are Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall?
    J.K. Rowling responds: Dumbledore is a hundred and fifty, and Professor McGonagall is a sprightly seventy. Wizards have a much longer life expectancy than Muggles. (Harry hasn't found out about that yet.)

The full interview can be found on the Scholastic website.

~M_W

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    The online HP lexicon says that about Dumbledore:

Birthdate: 1881 (JKR), probably in July or August. This date supersedes Jo's statement in 2001 that Dumbledore was "about 150 years old" (Blue Nose Day) and fits better with the dates that appear in Book 7. Regarding his month of birth, Rita says that Dumbledore was “nearing” his 18th birthday when he left Hogwarts in June, but was still 17 when he met Grindelwald (DH18). Basically, at some point during Grindelwald’s stay at Godric’s Hollow Dumbledore turned 18, so the month of his birth appears to be July or August.
    Hope that helps.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

lupins_girl2006
    You said 1881, right? That date doesn't match Dumbledore's age though. In 1981 he would have been 100. So 50 years after that would have been 2030. But that's only if I did the math right.

~Allie

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    The thing is, we know Rowling confused dates and ages. She herself says she's not very good in Maths. And considering she even had a member of the Black Family become father at 13 (!) proves as much to me. Also, there's a lot of information given out in interviews that contradict the books or information from other interviews.

I personally trust the online lexicon and it has not yet failed me concerning such information.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^