Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apurva wants to make banners for YOU!

TheCursedQuill
    Hey Apurva! Your bannermakiing skittles are awesome and I would love, love, love it if you could make me a banner, pretty please!

Title of your Story: The Raven Within
    Author Name: TheCursedQuill
    Catch phrase: She'll Never Have Another Chance
    Overall look of the banner:Dark, with tones of blues. A forest and a girl walking in it. If you can fit it, a tiara somewhere.
    Fonts: Cursive... nice, prettyness.
    Characters: Someone who would look like Rowena Ravenclaw (this would be the girl walking in the forest)
    Story Summary: The days before Rowena flees with her mother's tiara. Prologue is her murder from Bloody Baron. (wow just realised i kept writing Rowena.. it's suppose to be Helena. Works either way though!)
    Banner size: Normal
    Have You Requested This Banner Before?: No
    Anything else?:THANKS! YOUR AWESOME!

DracoGurlFurever
    I'd love to make these banners, Harry_Potter4Life and Sarah!

Available!

DracoGurlFurever
    Double-posting to give Sarah her banner:

I'm rather proud of it If you need ANY changes, edits, re-dos, please let me know!

Harry_Potter4Life - I know you submitted your request first, but for some reason I immediately stumbled upon a picture that worked perfectly for Sarah's banner, so I did that first. I'm working on yours, and it should be up soon!

Everyone else -

Available!

TheCursedQuill
    gaaahh oh MG it's perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Darn I wish I was on my own computer so I could put it in my siggy right now =(

Thanks again!

To everyone else Let Apurva do your banners! She's awesome!

-Sarah!

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Wow you make banners!!! Can I have one???

Title of your Story: Petunia, Vernon and possibly a little Polyjuice Potion
    Author Name: the opaleye
    Catch phrase: What Petunia wants, Petunia gets...
    Overall look of the banner: Cheeky and fun. Bright colours like pinks and yellows and with a hospital theme since that's where it's set.
    I would like Petunia on one side of the banner looking over at Lucinda and Vernon (Lucinda could look like she's clutching onto Vernon...) on the other side of the banner.
    Fonts: Something plain like Courier but in bold
    Characters: Petunia (young, someone like Emily Blunt or Romola Garai) and Lucinda who is blonde with curly hair and slightly chubby with Vernon who is chubby too (prefereably with a moustache) They are both young too. And maybe some little chocolate truffle type things in it too.
    Story Summary: All Petunia Evans wants is to find a husband and settle down into her dream role as a suburban housewife. So when Lucinda Rubble brings her new beau, Vernon Dursley, back to the nurse dormitory one evening, Petunia knows he is the one. But she must enlist the help of her magical sister, Lily, if she is to succeed in catching the man of her dreams.
    Banner size: 150x250 (I want to be able to fit both my banners into my signature)
    Have You Requested This Banner Before?: No
    Anything else?: No, I just hope you don't mind doing this. It sounds ridiculous lol

I'd recommend reading the fic to get the general feel of it! Thanks heaps!

Banner by me. Icon from toreadabook on lj.

DracoGurlFurever
    Finally done! Posting to give the opaleye and Harry_Potter4Life their banners.

the opaleye -

Harry_Potter4Life -

Changes, edits, re-dos, just post here!

Everyone else:

Available!

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!
    It's fantastic
    I will sing your praises from the rooftops...

Banner by me. Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Harry_Potter4life
    OMG!!! It's beautiful!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! WOW!!! I LOVE it!!!

BeautifulDisasterX

Can you make this banner for me please?

Title of your Story: Eyes Like Fire

Author Name: BeautifulDisasterX

Catch phrase: I've Always Been Able To Charm The People I Needed..

Overall look of the banner: Image- Tom Riddle and Hermione Granger. Put Tom Riddles diary in the banner as well, please.

Colour for background - Preferably Green (Slytherin Green)

Font Colour - Red and black.

Fonts: Tahoma & Georgia

Characters: Movie Characters - Tom Riddle (from second film or teenage riddle from Half Blood Prince film) and Hermione Granger (Preferably from the fifth film, Order of the Phoenix).
    Props - Tom Riddle's Diary.

Story Summary: Hermione is sent back in time where she has to befriend Tom Riddle and try and get him to change his ways. But she never expected to fall in love with him.

Banner size: As long as it fits in signature and is easily seen.

Have You Requested This Banner Before?: No.

Anything else? Could you please tell me how to make a banner as I have been trying to find out how to make banners for a long time now. And, thanks.

BeautifulDisasterX

DracoGurlFurever
    Hey!

I'm glad you like the banners I've made so far Sadly, though, I kinda gave up on making them a while ago, and I haven't made any in forever, so I'm not sure that I'd be any good if I took it up again I suggest you ask someone else for your banner because some of the people on this site are absolutely amazing and I'm sure they'll do a stellar job!

As for how to make banners, people use different programs, including Photoshop and other paid ones, but I use GIMP (it's free and downloadable online). There are also tons of tutorials online as well as on this site, so if you search for those you should be ready to get started! I'd also strongly recommend taking a class on bannermaking when it's offered here - it'll give you a nice little introduction into the basics of bannermaking, and then you should be set!

Hope that helped.

Hugs,
    Apurva.