Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Executioner

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Halgy
    Sorry for sounding so...snob-ish about it. You are right; there are no other ones that are stated as such in cannon, but it is implied a few times that many deatheater pure-bloods are half-bloods. In any case, the possibility of half-bloods being deatheaters is proven by Snape's deatheaterdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    I don't recall any such implications
    The Blacks blasted Squibs off their Family tree (although this isn't stated in the books, but in the tree drawn by JK Rowling afterwards.) The presence of a Squib in your family is proof that there's some Muggle blood somewhere down the line, just as a Muggle-born must have had a witch/wizard ancestor.

I agree that Snape's parentage wasn't widely known and I don't think Voldemort's was either. Harry taunts Lucius with the fact that Voldy had a Muggle father, but Lucius refuses to listen.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

MorganRay

More to blab about

I would disagree with the 100% pureblood thing. Here is why:

DH (American verision) page 574:

"Alecto, Amycus's sister, teaches Muggle Studies, which is compulsory for everyone. We've all got to listen to her explain how Muggles are like animals, stupid and dirty, and how they drove wizards into hiding by being vicious toward them, and how the natural order is being reestablished. I got this one," he indicated another slash on his face, "for asking her how much Muggle blood she and her brother have got."
    This doesn't definitely prove that all the Death Eaters were half-bloods and such, but this line suggests at least two things: every wizard has some Muggle blood in their family line or many of the Death Eaters, like Voldemort, didn't make their heritage public knowledge; the assumption became that they're all pureblood because they killed everyone else and the most visible Death Eaters were purebloods. It's the same deal with Hitler being partially Jewish (I know that one is ALWAYS used, but it's a great example of the point I'm trying to make).

Lovemagic
    No, Buckbeak's executioner was Macnair... I think it was Walden Macnair and he was a Death Eater so he could have been Pureblood or Half-Blood. Most likely Pureblood, looking at his name.

Hope that helped a bit!
    Hayden

Halgy
    This is the passage I was thinking of:

“The Death Eaters can’t all be pure-blood, there aren’t enough pure-blood wizards left,” said Hermione stubbornly. “I expect most of them are half-bloods pretending to be pure. It’s only Muggle-borns they hate, they’d be quite happy to let you and Ron join up.”
    I guess she could have been wrong, but I doubt she would mistake how many pure-bloods there are.

lupins_girl2006
    Hmm... This has turned into quite a conversation about blood-lines...

It's the same deal with Hitler being partially Jewish (I know that one is ALWAYS used, but it's a great example of the point I'm trying to make).
    Yes, it is true that this example is used a lot in reference to Lordy Voldy Voldy Voldy Mort ('Puff Guess Who thing), but I believe somewhere I read the JK Rowling actually used this (Nazi vs. Jew) to create Voldemort, to some degree...