Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Executioner

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

The Executioner

First of all, what's his name? I don't have any of my books to check because someone is borrowing them. Second, is he a Pureblood?

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Who are you talking about? The man who executed Buckbeak? I don't think he had a name. He was just some random man who didn't have a big enough part in the books to be given a name.

But if he is going to have a big part in your story, I say just make up a name.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldnít Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Buckbeak's executioner was Macnair. The following is listed for him as to his job besides being a Death Eater.

Walden Macnair's respectable front for years was that he was an executioner for the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures (PA16).
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    He probably is a pureblood because he's a Death Eater, Voldemort, Snape and possibly Pettigrew seem to be the only exceptions to the pureblood rule to becoming part of the Dark Lord'd gang.

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Halgy
    There were many, many halfblood death eaters, though they all pretended to be pureblood.

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

Thanks to everyone who answered. It helped a lot.

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Halgy
    There were many, many halfblood death eaters, though they all pretended to be pureblood.
    Really? Where is that stated in canon?

There may well have been some non-pureblood Death Eaters, who may have been pretending to be purebloods, but the only ones we know about from canon are Voldemort and Snape. (We don't know about Peter, and it's not clear that he was ever an official "Death Eater" per se.)

lupins_girl2006
    The executioner was Macnair, as everyone already said. I think he was a pureblood because if I remember right he hung out with Malfoy in school.

We don't know about Peter, and it's not clear that he was ever an official "Death Eater" per se.
    I know this isn't technically for this thread, but it questioned me. Why would you think he was never and official Death Eater? He had the mark, didn't he? Greyback was never and official Death Eater because he didn't have the mark.

~Allie

Halgy
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    Really? Where is that stated in canon?
    Sorry for sounding so...snob-ish about it. You are right; there are no other ones that are stated as such in cannon, but it is implied a few times that many deatheater pure-bloods are half-bloods. In any case, the possibility of half-bloods being deatheaters is proven by Snape's deatheaterdom.

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Halgy
    Sorry for sounding so...snob-ish about it. You are right; there are no other ones that are stated as such in cannon, but it is implied a few times that many deatheater pure-bloods are half-bloods. In any case, the possibility of half-bloods being deatheaters is proven by Snape's deatheaterdom.
    I don't recall any such implications. The fact that Snape was a half-blood didn't seem to be public knowledge.

I did forget about Peter taking the Dark Mark, though.

So, it's probably reasonable to assume Macnair is a pureblood.