Thread: Educational Degrees

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Educational Degrees

I have something I have been wondering abou the Educational Decrees in OotP. We know from the books that they were posted on the notice boards in the common room, but how did they get there in the first place? Did the prefects put them up? The Head of House? Or do you think they just materialized there? Umbridge might have had special access to the school common rooms, but I'm just not sure if she would do this herself. But if she did, it would make for a great plot point in my story.

I would love to hear thoughts and opinions. Is this even ever mentioned in the books? All my copies are packed away in storage.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    I have something I have been wondering abou the Educational Decrees in OotP. We know from the books that they were posted on the notice boards in the common room, but how did they get there in the first place? Did the prefects put them up? The Head of House? Or do you think they just materialized there? Umbridge might have had special access to the school common rooms, but I'm just not sure if she would do this herself. But if she did, it would make for a great plot point in my story.

I would love to hear thoughts and opinions. Is this even ever mentioned in the books? All my copies are packed away in storage.
    Nothing is ever mentioned of exactly how the notices were posted, just that they appeared in the Common Rooms one day. So really, it's up to you to decide how they got there, but personally, I think it would be most likely if it was the Head of House or the prefects who put up the Decrees. Later on in the book, it could have been the Inquisitorial Squad.

Or if you want to go the movie path, you can always have Filch do it...

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    I think a lot of it would have to do with how menial a task it would be considered. If they are considered Ministry documents, then I would think the Head of House would be the one to do it. But if it's just a school notice like any other, then Filch would probably do it.

What do you think?

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

psijupiter
    I think Umbridge might think they're incredibly important and give them to the Head of House to put up... along with a little lecture about how important it is. But probably the head of house would pass them on the the prefects to put up. (I imagine that's how the Hogsmeade notices go up.)

ahattab33
    I always thought that menial tasks involving the Common Rooms could also be delegated to the House Elves, who also appeared during the middle of the night to clean, tend the fires, etc.

We know the Dobby collected Hermione's hats during GOF to stop upsetting the other elves, who refused to clean the Gryffindor common room due to her placement of clothing, so with their ability to use magic and their presence in the common rooms already, it would make sense that they could hang the notices if directed.

lupins_girl2006
    What if the notices were posted by magic? Couldn't there be a spell of something, sort of like the opposite of Accio (can't remember the name of the spell). By this, I mean that the spell could be used by Umbridge to post the Degrees up by sending them to certain areas.

Did I make any sense?

~Allie

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    I suppose I'm trying to decide between Head of House, prefects, or Filch. Which of three do you think is the most likely?

Brand New Story!