Thread: St. Mungo's: Self-Harm or Attempted Suicide?

SlytherinTears

St. Mungo's: Self-Harm or Attempted Suicide?

I'm sure this probably has been asked before, but where would a victim of attempted suicide or self-harm be sent to at St. Mungo's? I've reviewed the floors, and can't really place an appropriate location.

By the way, the self-harm was a Muggle method.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    I think it would depend on how the patient tried to commit suicide, rather than there be a special floor for suicidal people. For instance, if someone tried to die by setting themselves on fire with magic, then the patient would probably go to spell damage or something like that. Thus, I think the attempted suicide person would be treated at whatever floor corresponds to the attempted method.

Tim the Enchanter

SlytherinTears
    So, if one were to overdose on a medical potion, they would be sent to the Third Floor, which was for Potion and Plant Poisoning?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinTears
    So, if one were to overdose on a medical potion, they would be sent to the Third Floor, which was for Potion and Plant Poisoning?
    I suppose so, but that's just according to my theory. I really have no idea, so you cn do whatever you want on this matter.

Tim the Enchanter

Inverarity
    Yes, there are two issues here: physical and psychological.

We know St. Mungo's is equipped to treat physical/magical maladies. We don't know anything about psychological services. Do wizards have psychologists or the equivalent? Is there a wizarding suicide hotline? There is nothing about this in canon, so it sounds like you'll have to decide the answers to those questions yourself for your story.