Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: June Activities 2009

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Title: Poor, Poor Severus
    Word Count: 258
    Warnings: Short, last minute randomness.

'Welcome, Severus.' The Dark Lord's chilling voice pierced through the muted mutterings of the black-robed people around the table.

Severus Snape glided along the floor, and sat down next to the Dark Lord. 'Do we have any news, Severus?' he asked.

Severus took a deep breath before answering. With a smirk on his face, he started solemnly, 'Glug. Glug glug. Glug? Glugglug? GLUG! Ooooooooohoooooo!'

'Is this some sort of a joke, Severus?' muttered the Dark Lord. 'I do not find it the least bit funny.'

'Glug!' protested Severus, waving his hands. Pulling his wand out, he said, 'Glug! Aaaaaaahoooooo! Glug!?'

'Severus, you are excused. Get out of my sight. See me when you've passed this particular fancy.' And despite Severus' waves and glugs of protests, the Dark Lord waved his wand, and Severus went screaming out of the door.

He tried to stand up, tried to walk, but he couldn't. He pushed the floor back, and he moved forward, slowly. What the hell had happened?

Severus had just needed Gillyweed for his potion. He had been at the lake, plucking Gillyweed, and saw something lurking in the water. He had gone back to his room and had made the potion. It had, simply put, exploded with a very interesting, and yet very improbably display of pyrotechnics.

Severus now knew what had been lurking. It had somehow done something to the Gillyweed, which had made the potion explode. He'd get back it if it was the last thing he'd do. He would have his revenge on the Giant Squid.

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

MerryD
    Spire:

Thank you so much for your review, dear.

What is your favourite genre to write? I noticed you've dabbled in quite a few, but there doesn't seem to be a dominant one.

Heartbreak.

>.>

<.<

Romance, really. Everything I write has some romance in it.

Is there anything you'd like to trial in fanfic writing that you haven't already? A pairing, maybe, or a different theme?

I'd love to try something with Regulus really. Or Blaise. Or Lucius.

What inspires you to write?

Oh, god, a question I need to think about. >.< Um . . . life, music, people, boredom, you, the rest of SPEW, books, movies, school, a lot of things actually . . .

Nikki:

Your review was lovely; thanks a lot for it.

Which is your favorite pairing to write? To read?

um, this is hard. I'm going to come back to this. hm . . . I love Lily/Sirius, Rose/Scorpius, Lily/James, Sirius/OC, and Regulus/OC . . . but, probably, my top two for both Lily/Sirius and Lily/James

Of all your stories, which are you most proud of? Is that fic your favorite as well, or would you chose a different one? Which is your least favorite fic?

hmmm . . . either As the Dawn Breaks or Drowing in Darkness as my favourite. For proudest of either Your Son or Empty Words because I was writing with a prompt for someone else

What part of writing do you enjoy most?

hm. All of it. I love creating characters and making them come alive on paper. I also like both the physical act of writing longhand and typing.

Britt:

Thank you for your review, love.

Are there any songs in particular that you find inspiring when writing?

For DiD, "Breathe" - Taylor Swift and "Black Eyes, Blue Tears" - Shania Twain.
    For EW, "Should've Said No" - Taylor Swift and "When Will I Be Loved" - (no idea)
    For EHR, "RENT" - Jonathon Larson

those are the only ones that I was really inspired by songs for, or atleast had a playlist for. Certian songs will just come to me while I'm writing that sort of have an effect on the story. Obvious, country really speaks to me . . . >.>

Haylee:

Thanks for the wonderful review, hon.

What character do you find the most difficult to write? Why?

hm. Regulus, definitely. Because he's like bad and good and just . . . hard.

What draws you to the Marauders?

The ambiguity of them, really. Because we, as authors, have so much room explore and do our own thing in, it's just a lot easier to write. Plus, PoA has always been my favourite book because of the Marauders and stuff.

What do you think your writing strengths and weaknesses are?

ugh. hard question. I think characterization is one of my strength and description. Plot is definitely a weakness. >.<

You guys rock. Thanks so much.

<3Mere