I spent half last night trying to figure that out. Yeah, I chose my options when I was 13, but I didn't take them until I was 14. I remember because we took French in first year, French and German second and third, and then we chose which we'd continue doing, in forth and fifth.

It's not really what you were asking about, but I also wanted to comment on what Equinox Chick said about the school's celebrating differant days of differant cultures. I'm not sure if it's the school her children go to, the area she is in, or if England really has changed that much. (which is a good thing) My primary school didn't really do that, but that was eleven years ago, I think, and it was a Church of England school. (Every assembly our head teacher would read us a passage out of the bible- i thought they were really neat stories, for the record- and then we'd sing a hymn.) It wasn't really pushy religious, they just taught us the values of the religion, as opposed to "you should worship the Lord" My family aren't religious you see...

I just wonderered what other things have changed in British schools over the years due to all these politically correct things that keep flying around?