Thread: When did Lily have Harry?

Hybrid View

k5c

When did Lily have Harry?

Does anyone know how long after James and Lily left school that Lily fell pregnant with Harry? I need a rough time for my story so if anyone knows thanks .

Also does anyone know how long after they left school that they got married? I assumed a year because of the war and all but if anyone knows I would appreciate vey much .

I can't remember if JKR ever mentioned these details in the books?

Thank you in advance for any replies x

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Well, Lily turned eleven in January 1971, so she started Hogwarts in September 1971. Seven years in Hogwarts, so she graduated in May/June 1978.

Harry was born end of July 1980. Take away nine months of pregnancy, so Lily conceived him around November 1979, so a good 16/17 months after graduation.

I suppose she and James married sometime in-between then, though I can imagine in 1979 only. Rowling never said anything to a date though - at least I've never heard anything of that.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by k5c
    Does anyone know how long after James and Lily left school that Lily fell pregnant with Harry? I need a rough time for my story so if anyone knows thanks .

Also does anyone know how long after they left school that they got married? I assumed a year because of the war and all but if anyone knows I would appreciate vey much .

I can't remember if JKR ever mentioned these details in the books?

Thank you in advance for any replies x
    Harry was born on July 31, 1980. That means Lily got pregnant with him some nine months earlier, which would be sometime around October/November 1979.

As for when Harry's parents were married, it doesn't say anywhere in the books.

Tim the Enchanter

k5c
    Thanks guys. I never thought of working it out like that, yous have both really helped x

padfootsgirl1981
    The only extra piece of information that I can think of adding is that I think Jo said that people were getting married very quickly during these times. So I could imagine James and Lily getting married not long after graduating from Hogwarts.

So 1978 would be plausible too.

~Whit