Thread: Gringotts and Goblins

Hybrid View

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points

Gringotts and Goblins

Hello!

I'm writing a story in which a Goblin Revolution occurs. So I wanted to know, do Goblins and the Gringotts Wizards have conferences? As in, do they ever sit and discuss how the bank runs and all that stuff, even at least once a year? It is very important, since that is where the Revolution would start-- during the conference.

Any opinions and help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

TheCursedQuill
    Hey Nadia,

I can't find anywhere that actually says this, but I remember in DH Bill told Harry to stay away from Griphook because Goblins and humans didn't really get together so well. This obviously suggests that Bill has had some time with the goblins, which makes sense because the goblins do need to know what is going on in the bank.

Bill might interact with a goblin for a few minutes, but I'm not too sure if a conference would be such a good idea knowing the habits of the goblins. If they don't work too well with humans, I highly doubt that they could sit down for an hour or two and talk about business without having an uproar.

But, then again, your story calls for an uproar. So maybe this could be a one-time thing? Maybe the wizards want to try to have a conference with them, instead of what they usually do (They might usually just tell one or two 'head' goblins about the curses and procedures, and then those goblins could inform the rest).

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    Thanks Sarah! That helps quite a lot! I think I will use this idea.

But still, can anyone give more insights please? They might be helpful too. Thanks!

--Nadia

Chapter 12 up!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Most wizards/witches don't think much of goblins, and it seems that they consider them to be something like House Elves, just more dangerous. Consider what goblins do for wizarding society: they make lots of metal products and work in Gringotts bank. Most wizards take goblins for granted, for they apparently work for wizards, not with wizards as equals.

As for conferences, I agree with TheCursedQuill. Gringotts would probably just give orders to a few head goblins, and have them inform the others about what's going on. Wizards don't seem to be too keen on open discussions with goblins.

But here's an idea: how about the goblins demand a conference, and insist that the humans attend to hear their grievances?

Tim the Enchanter

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    Hey!

Thanks, guys! I have just the PERFECT idea for the fic! Thanks a lot!

What if the Goblins demand for a conference, and the Wizards attend it. It'd be a one-time thing. The Goblins start to talk about all their grievances, but the Wizards are not iterested. Out of anger, the Goblins revolt. How's that?

--Nadia

Chapter 12 up!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by majestic_ginny
    Hey!

Thanks, guys! I have just the PERFECT idea for the fic! Thanks a lot!

What if the Goblins demand for a conference, and the Wizards attend it. It'd be a one-time thing. The Goblins start to talk about all their grievances, but the Wizards are not iterested. Out of anger, the Goblins revolt. How's that?

--Nadia
    That's just what I was thinking. Sounds like a good idea to me.

However, what would the goblins' grievances be? That they feel used and unappreciated? Also, when does this fic take place? Is it historical? Post-Hogwarts? Though I don't think wizarding attitudes towards goblins would change overnight, I do think that the post-Voldy war Britain would be more willing to negotiate than wizards in the past.

Tim the Enchanter