Thread: Monkeying Around

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George

Monkeying Around

I have this character, who is a witch and a reporter for the Prophet. Now my question is, if she was to have a pet monkey, which breed would be the most practical choice? I need a small monkey who can sit on her shoulder... Any help would be appreciated.

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    Not sure about practical, but I know that squirrel monkeys and golden lion tamarins are both small monkeys...possibly capuchins as well.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Have you thought about using a Clabbert? In Fantasitic Beast and Where to Find Them, Clabberts are decribed as Monkey-like creatures with smooth skin like a frog and a red pustule on the tops of their head that flashes whenever someone dangerous is near. I actually have a drawing I did of one right here.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Personally, I would go with a capuchin monkey. They're quite small and relatively easy to train to do different tricks - historically, they used to be pretty popular around the turn of the 19th/20th century, in which they'd accompany street musicians to attract crowds with different tricks and eccentricities (but with music!). Plus, I think they just look adorable.

Tim the Enchanter

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    I'm going with a White-headed Capuchin... Now I need to know more about them. What kind of noises do they make? What do they eat in captivity? What can they NOT eat? Wikipedia isn't helping...

BB

ETA: I'm blind. Wikipedia does talk about the calls and food it eats, but I need to know what food they eat in captivity, and whether an calls are specific to any emotion.

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives