Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

Valentinia
    A question similar to this one has been asked before, but the answer doesn't seem to make sense.
    When applying to participate certain groups, I understand (perhaps I am wrong...) that I just have to click the little circle next to the name (you know what I mean, I hope) and fill out that sentence on why we want to join.
    I did that for the fall classes, and all that happened was that the group vanished from my User CP. Does this mean I was rejected, or is it some mistake?
    If it doesn't mean I've been rejected, how do I know whether or not I have been accepted?
    Thanks,
    Valentinia

Vindictus Viridian
    Crissy -- It would be a good idea, as the House Points are what we use for grading. I'm not sure myself if you have to be Sorted to see the forums in the School.

Wand Waver, the Study Hall is the top subforum in the Class forum.

Valentia, your user profile says you are a student now. The option would move from the Join area to the opt-out area when you've successfully joined, which probably is why it seems to have vanished.

Everybody -- if you put your questions in the Autumn Term FAQ thread in this area, I'm a lot more likely to spot them!

Edit: In fact, if you are not Sorted, the classes will not be visible to you. Make sure you've asked for the quiz (once) and submitted it (once.) Once you're through the system everything should be dandy.

Jenn22291
    I was wondering about something. Today when I was sending someone a pm, I noticed that I had an option to add an icon. I could never do this before, but I always wondered how to. Is there any specific reason why I can now but couldn't before?

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

I have two questions.

One: Are we allowed to post a character sheet thing in the Character form IF we've already done it the correct way? Like... can we add a character sheet to the end of our post after our paragraph about the character?

I also have a question about the PMing system. How long does it generally take to recieve PMs? I thought it only took a few minutes, but my friend told me that she sent a PM a week ago, when I only got it the day before. No big deal, but I was just wondering!

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Sorry to bother you wonderful mods again, but recently I seem to be full of questions.

In my PM box, why can't I move messages from the "Sent" folder to another folder? Obviously I can't move them to the Inbox, but I created a new folder that I would like to put some of those messages in. Is there a way to do this, or am I stuck with the idea I came up with to forward the messages to myself and put the forwarded messages in the new folder? (Hope this even makes sense...) Thanks for all the help you've been giving me!

Zacko Borni
    If we see the ones saying that you a percentage of a PI beta reader, we will delete them.
    This is a quote from the Perfect Imagination banner thread in the Announcements. It doen't really make sense to me. What does it mean?

AurorGirl101
    What are the colored dots next to everyone's name? I always thought that they meant the user's activity. Is this true? Because mine is green, and I'm on here everyday.

Thanks in advance

Potterphile12
    Jenn:

As far as I know, you've always been able to add an icon to your PMs. I'm not sure why you couldn't do it before.

lily_evans:

You may want to ask the moderator for the character forum about your first question. As for your second question, as far as I know it only takes a few minutes. However, if the system is the same as the old forums, if your friend deleted it from their sent folder before you read it, you would never have gotten it.

Chrissy:

When you want to move a PM to a new folder, highlight the message, the scroll down and make sure the drop-down box says 'Move to Folder.' Click go and it will ask you to select a folder. Once you have, click move messages. If this doesn't work, PM me and I'll see if I can help you.

Zacko:

The gist of the post is that only PI accredited betas can use the PI banners. You can't have one that says, "I'm 75% PI beta." Basically, if you're not in PI don't use the banner.

AurorGirl:

The coloured tabs next to everyone's names indicate your online status. When it's green, you're online. Red=offline and as far as I know, yellow means online but appearing as offline. Don't quote me on that one, though.

Edit by Asphyxiated: Orange means invisible. So it will always be orange whether the person is online or offline.

Lily Windsor
    I'm not sure whether you can help me with this but I don't know who else to ask.

All of a sudden, today, my emails in my mugglenet email account are in this strange computer language and it says 'they couldn't be decoded properly.' Even my old emails have suddenly gone all funny. Does anyone have any idea why this is and how I can fix it?

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

You will probably need to take this up with the main MN site. They have different coders.

Edit: I just checked my non-staff Mugglenet email account and it looks fine. This could be the settings on your computer.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope