Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

There are three moderators who have the sparkly SuperAdmin button. They are Deanine, Physical Graffiti and Songbook.

For those horrid techy matters, these are the people to pester.

Deanine and Physical Graffiti for the main MNFF site and Songbook for the Forums... although they all can deal with everything if necessary.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Hello again, lovely mods. Quick question:

Do you have to be sorted to participate in classes for the Fall term?

Harry_Ginny4ever
    I'm having problems submitting my first chapter. I filled in all the information, and clicked preview. I loaded my fic from word, but it tells me that it isn't in plain text or html format. Isn't just my word document plain text? How can I fix this? There may be an answer somewhere on the site, but I am unable to locate it. Please help!

Sneaky_Rhae
    Try copying and pasting your story into the text box instead of loading it directly from Word. That function usually doesn't work for us. Please make sure to preview the chapter to make sure that all of the tags are working correctly and everything is spaced correctly as well.

crazy_purple_hp_freak
    Is there a feature that tells us how many reads our fic has had? *confuzzled* I'm asking because I've seen some authors put things like "yay! [insert number] of reads!" etc... and I don't seem to be able to see anything like that...

Thanks

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_purple_hp_freak
    Is there a feature that tells us how many reads our fic has had? *confuzzled* I'm asking because I've seen some authors put things like "yay! [insert number] of reads!" etc... and I don't seem to be able to see anything like that...

Thanks
    No, there is no feature that tells yo uhow many reads your fic has had. The reason why you see things like, "Yay! 245667 reads!" is because they story was written when the old system was around, and there was a reader count on the old system. Don't worry about the number of reads; they aren't accurate.

--Little Kitty

rita_skeeter
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_purple_hp_freak

Thanks
    This was a feature we used to have quite a while ago, but it's not available on efiction2, which is the program we use on the site at the moment. These authors probably wrote the numbers of reads while the function was still available on the site and haven't edited it since.

EDIT: It seems that someone got there first...

AurorGirl101

how long

How long shoud I wait before post in the "I Didn't Get A Rejection Letter," thread?

EDIT::: Thanks rita_skeeter! It hasn't been quite a week, a few days shy... I was just wondering.

rita_skeeter
    Quote Originally Posted by AurorGirl101
    How long shoud I wait before post in the "I Didn't Get A Rejection Letter," thread?
    Stories should be moderated within one week. If you've found that your chapter has been deleted without you recieving a rejection letter, you may post at any time from now.

Wand_Waver2006
    This may be stupid but--where's the Study Hall? I'd like to sign up for some classes.