Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by nuw255
    I know that MNFF allows you to have two chapters in the queue at the same time as long as they're for two different stories that are in two different categories. Does this mean two different BIG categories, or two different subcategories? For example, can an author have two chapters in the queue if both stories are Romance, but one is, say, Harry/Ginny and the other is Ron/Hermione? Or do they have to be completely different categories, such as one in Romance and one in General?
    You can have one in Harry/Ginny and one in Ron/Hermione. Two categories means two actual categories, not big categories such as D/A or General.

Wand_Waver2006
    I don't know if I should ask this here, but are we allowed to mix books? Like, take a character from another book series, plunk him/her in HP Fandom, and see what happens? If you don't understand I'll gladly explain more.

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Wand_Waver2006
    I don't know if I should ask this here, but are we allowed to mix books? Like, take a character from another book series, plunk him/her in HP Fandom, and see what happens? If you don't understand I'll gladly explain more.
    Nope, sorry. That would be considered a crossover, and those aren't permitted on MNFF.

--Little Kitty

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Um, I'd just like to mention (in regards to crossovers) that a while back I found a story that had a LotR charcter in it. I can't remember the name of the story (I have a terrible memory) but I do know that it was in the Humor category. (Are there sometimes exceptions for Humor?) Just thought I'd point that out.

AlexisTaylor
    No, there aren't exceptions for the Humor category. If the name of the story comes to you, that would really help us find it. Until then, we'll keep our eyes peeled. Thanks for the heads up!

TTOOMMYY11

Help please!

Hello! I seem to be having a little bit of trouble with my story...On the first thing u see for ur story it has how many chapters, word count, the summary, etc.. Right now my word count is 15299...it has stayed there for AGES! I calculated all the chapters and it should be in the 32,000 range now...I don't know why it's not updating...Please help!

MNFF Name = TTOOMMYY11

Book = Tragedies

Edited by Potterphile12: Please use correct spelling and grammar in your posts.

Saphirastar
    I'm sorry if this shouldn't go here, but I just posted in the Skele-Gro Plot Potion category. But my post didn't show up. In this because a mod has to read my message first before allowing it to be posted? I saw a message pop up when I clicked post message, but it went away to fast to see what it said.

Sorry if I'm bothering you with the question, it's probably somewhere on the forum.

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by TTOOMMYY11
    Hello! I seem to be having a little bit of trouble with my story...On the first thing u see for ur story it has how many chapters, word count, the summary, etc.. Right now my word count is 15299...it has stayed there for AGES! I calculated all the chapters and it should be in the 32,000 range now...I don't know why it's not updating...Please help!

MNFF Name = TTOOMMYY11

Book = Tragedies

Edited by Potterphile12: Please use correct spelling and grammar in your posts.
    Like Potterphile12 said, please use correct spelling and avoid netspeak.

There are several stories that don't add up all the words. We're preparing to look into that as soon as our coders have the time. Meanwhile, you can edit your summary with a little note telling readers to disregard the word count.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphirastar
    I'm sorry if this shouldn't go here, but I just posted in the Skele-Gro Plot Potion category. But my post didn't show up. In this because a mod has to read my message first before allowing it to be posted? I saw a message pop up when I clicked post message, but it went away to fast to see what it said.

Sorry if I'm bothering you with the question, it's probably somewhere on the forum.
    Yes it's just for the reason you said. A mod has to approve of your post before it shows up to anyone because there have been so many cases of spam.

9. 10-21-2006, 12:36 AM

WoodsBride

Question about banners

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, sorry if it is not.
    I have submitted a story to MNFF and I have had a Banner made for it. How do I attach (can I attach it?) it to my story? Does it matter that my story has not yet been validated?

babekitty_92

Help me, oh please help me

Um, help!!!!!!

I just went and logged onto my account on FanFiction (which is unusual as my computer leaves me logged in) but when I went to check my reviews, it went to the "Log in" area. So I logged in again, ticking the "remember me" box, and it did it again! I went to check my favourites, and everything, but nothing worked, it kept happening!

Can you help me at all? Someone????

EDIT: Hi, I just figured out what went wrong, but I'll just make sure. Thanks anyway, and this can be deleted.