Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

WoodsBride: Banners are not allowed in stories or summaries on MNFF. You may have a story banner in your author profile or in your signature here on the forums.

Babekitty: Try clearing your cookies; this sometimes works. If you use AOL or Safari, they can sometimes cause logging in issues and you might want to try IE.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Wand_Waver2006
    How many fics are youa llowed to have in the queue at the same time?

ByMerlinsBeard
    Wand waver:

You can have two submissions in the queue. However, the two submissions cannot be from the same story, nor can they be in the same category.

Black Roses
    Okay, how do you make banners be links?

sirius_rocks
    It seems that whenever I do a system restore on my computer, my passwords and settings for sites I have saved my password on stop saving it for a while and I have to do it all again.

The last time I did this, the password for my MNFF account didn't work, and I sent an email for a new one. It never came, so a kind mod gave me a new one.

*facepalm* I've done it again.

Q1: Anyone know why this happens?
    Q2: Can someone give me a new password? I'll get a new email adress for MNFF alone, because hotmail must be dodgy.

deanine
    Black Roses:

1: Your signature is too tall. Signatures should be not taller than 300 pixels, no wider than 500 pixels.

2. As an example, the code for my signature is listed below. The image is a link.

PHP Code:
    [center]
    [
    URL="http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewuser.php?uid=12255&viewstories"][IMG]http://ourzodiacproject.com/supe.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [/center
    Sirius Rocks - PM me. I'll help.

Schmerg_The_Impaler
    I don't know whether or not to change the rating of my humour fic, "The Dark Lord's Blog," to 3rd-5th years.

Although there is no direct violence, and there is absolutely no foul language of any kind (except for the word 'blast,') it is, after all, Voldemort's blog, and he makes many casual references to murder and other evil deeds. (Like puppy-stomping as a stress reliever, or the Annual October Muggle Mass-Murdering Spree and Barbeque). I would normally never write anything that would be considered inappropriate, but this IS Voldemort's blog, after all. Do you think I should change the rating to 3rd-5th years when I submit the next chapter, just to be safe?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmerg_The_Impaler
    I don't know whether or not to change the rating of my humour fic, "The Dark Lord's Blog," to 3rd-5th years.

Although there is no direct violence, and there is absolutely no foul language of any kind (except for the word 'blast,') it is, after all, Voldemort's blog, and he makes many casual references to murder and other evil deeds. (Like puppy-stomping as a stress reliever, or the Annual October Muggle Mass-Murdering Spree and Barbeque). I would normally never write anything that would be considered inappropriate, but this IS Voldemort's blog, after all. Do you think I should change the rating to 3rd-5th years when I submit the next chapter, just to be safe?
    Well, I'd rate it 3rd-5th years just to be on the safe side if I were you. But, since I'm not familiar with your story, I don't know. But my answer would be yes =]

BleedINink
    How do you join groups such as SPEW or become able to post in Hermione's Corner?

Thanks in advance.

G_A_Potter
    Please forgive my density. I'm confused and feeling really stupid. I read this earlier and got really flummoxed:

You can have two submissions in the queue. However, the two submissions cannot be from the same story, nor can they be in the same category.
    Please clairify this for me as I think I mistakenly broke a rule.

If I have a Gen. Fics. story going I can also have a Humor or Dark Angsty, but not another Gen. Fics? Or otherwise, what do you mean by category?

Sorry but I read the earlier answer and my brain just went TILT!

Oh! By the by, I was looking through the Fiction Junction and something occured to me. Where do we advertise our own stories? I feel like I should know this and forgot. Sorry.

Thanks in advance,

Yours,
    Godric