Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

GringottsVault711
    I'm actually in the process of validating that right now. [I just happen to be multitasking and saw your post here at the exact same time XD]. Sorry, but I'm the Hr/SS mod, and I just got back from my break -- while I was away, other mods were covering my categories, but they did have their own categories to worry about, so it's understandable that it fell a bit behind.

FuzzyMuffins
    I accidently pressed "Add Response" to a review for my story "A Duel With the Mind" twice. How do I remove one of my responses?

3. 10-13-2006, 11:27 PM

FuzzyMuffins
    Now things are weird. I responded to another review and only pressed Add Review once, but there are two. I went back to my first review and I now have three responses.

Is this a bug?

GinnyPotter
    I don't know if this counts as a quesion to post here but I have to blurt it out:

What is a Mary Sue?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi,
    When the mods read a chaptered story, do they try to keep an eye out for all the chapters? Or does one mod do one chapter, and another mod might pick up the next one, etc?
    If we wanted one mod to follow the chapters, since they will have some idea of how they fit together, where do we put that request in the submission? Will it be taken out so readers don't see it, or do we have to go in and edit? *dreads the extra <br> tags* Could we PM the mod? Or just not worry about it?
    Confusing, I know - sorry and thanks!

Also - when we are submitting a chaptered story, how come a title page doesn't pop up for the first chapter? It just goes right to the story. I didn't include the chapter title in the actual text of the story so there was no way of knowing what it was called. I'm just curious about that little quirk.
    Thanks again!
    ~Gina

Catrin
    I was just wondering if there was anyway to move PMs out of the 'sent items' folder. I was just trying to organise all my PMs and discovered that there is not a 'move to folder..' option in that folder. Is this supposed to happen or not?

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    I need to be led to a link/thread that states a description of the ratings on MNFF.
    I searched but was not able to find one - but please take in mind that my research skills are, for lack of a better word, horrific.
    I'm trying to keep my current fic under 3rd -5th years.
    Thanks

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

BleedINink
    Hi,
    When you edit your story after already uploading it to the queue, does it prolong your wait?

Thanks

deanine
    FuzzyMuffins - PM me your unsername on the site and I'll try to help, but i'm not certain that I can.

Ginny Potter - I reccomend you stop by the character help forum. Mary Sue has been discussed there.

Gina - If you want to specify your mod, you are allowed. You need to place and Author's not in the TEXT of your chapter. Do NOT place the AN in the AN bubble. Such request may increase your wait time in queue.

Catrin - Sorry, option not available.

mugglemathdork - http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/tips-warnings.html

BleedINink - No, but it can significantly ruin your formatting. Try to submit chapters as clean as possible and avoid editing in queue. Rejection for formatting can be frustrating.

nuw255
    I know that MNFF allows you to have two chapters in the queue at the same time as long as they're for two different stories that are in two different categories. Does this mean two different BIG categories, or two different subcategories? For example, can an author have two chapters in the queue if both stories are Romance, but one is, say, Harry/Ginny and the other is Ron/Hermione? Or do they have to be completely different categories, such as one in Romance and one in General?