Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

leahm79

I hate to be a pain

but how do I get to post a question in a different forum? I'm just looking for a certain fic and I am unable to post a new thread and I am logged in. Is it possible for me to reply to a post there and ask? I just have one question lol.

timestep

email alerts

HELP. For the 2nd time, I've gotten an email alerting me to an update to a story I have as a favorite. When I click on the link, it tells me that the story hasn't been released by the admin.

Then, about a day or two later, I get another email that the story has been updated and this time it works.

I'm wondering if I'm unique and somehow getting notices when a favorite story is submitted to the que and then another when it's released - or is this a system glitch?

It's frustrating because I think I have something to read - then NOTHING.

Who do I need to ask about this?

Thanks.

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by leahm79
    but how do I get to post a question in a different forum? I'm just looking for a certain fic and I am unable to post a new thread and I am logged in. Is it possible for me to reply to a post there and ask? I just have one question lol.
    I'm not sure what you mean, but there are some forums that might not allow you to post. And since you're not Sorted, your posts must be manually approved by a moderator in order to show up for you and other forum members. Please be patient and allow moderators time to review your post.

Quote Originally Posted by timestep
    Then, about a day or two later, I get another email that the story has been updated and this time it works.

I'm wondering if I'm unique and somehow getting notices when a favorite story is submitted to the que and then another when it's released - or is this a system glitch?

It's frustrating because I think I have something to read - then NOTHING.

Who do I need to ask about this?
    It might just be a glitch. Another moderator can correct me on this since I'm not 100% certain.

EDIT: Sounds like a validation error Timestep! You are not experiencing a unique glitch. They happen regularly. *cheers coders trying to figure them out* ~deanine

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Snape Hates Me
    Hello, I was just wondering how editing a story affects the validation process. I know that if you edit a chapter of the story while said chapter is in the queue, it moves the chapter back to the bottom as if you've only just submitted it. But how does editing previously validated chapters of a story affect the position of a following chapter from that story if it is still in the queue? For example, chapter 10 is in the queue and I go in and edit chapter 3; will chapter 10 remain where it was in the order, or will it be bumped to the bottom because I have edited a part of the story it belongs to?

I hope that makes sense, and thanks.

edit: Thanks, VV. If it is dated 9/28, then apparently it doesn't get bumped when editing other chapters of the story, as that is when I submitted and I have edited one as recently as 10/02. So I can continue to fiddle with my story when chapters are in queue. This is good to know.

Vindictus Viridian
    Well, your chapter is in the queue dated 9-28 and I'll get to it momentarily. Hopefully, knowing that, since you know when you edited the earlier chapter, will answer the question for you! It looks not to have been bumped down, though. We'll just see about those pesky line breaks, and whether they were added by the Dark Lord in his meddlings with our site.

Catrin
    For the October challenge, it says you must contact the author of the fic you are using, to ask their permission. I looked up the author of the fic I want to do, and clicked contact and then typed in my message. I then realised I had no idea what it did or how the author would reply. So, basically, that's my question. What happens when you 'contact the author' and can they reply? If so, how? and how do you receive it?

ByMerlinsBeard
    Catrin:

When you contact an author, it sends that author an e-mail to the address they used to sign up with Mugglenet. When you fill out the contact an author form, it asks you to supply an e-mail address. This is so that the author can respond to you; he or she will simply e-mail you back.

Zacko Borni
    Hi. How do you make a link so that it has different words that the actual website, because I tried it and it's not working.

PS- How do I post a poll in my thread?

9. 10-08-2006, 03:53 AM

spottedcat83
    The last few times I tried to get to the forums (here, in otherwords) from the MNFF site (you know, the main one that you get that shows Helga Hufflepuff when you first bring it up... not the main Mugglenet site, but the MNFF site) I couldn't get to the forums.

I got one of those white pages that tells me I can't get there.

So I have to go into my email, hope I haven't gotten rid of all my emails from here, go into one of them, and thus arrive here in the forums.

Am puzzled as to whether or not I ought to try getting in from the main Mugglenet site, as my computer picked up a nasty-tempered virus somewhere and someone who knows more about online stuff than I do thought I might have gotten it from the main Mugglenet site. (gasps for breath.) (Ducks any possible wet dishcloths or half-pieces of stale toast that might be coming her direction)

Any idea why? (Not being able to get in the forums, that is--not the wet dishcloth and the stale toast.)

(goes to sniff at stale toast to see if butter is still good)

11. 10-09-2006, 09:27 PM

fawkes_07
    Hi, sorry, tedious question: I've had a fic in the queue for 9 days now, just wondering if it's been (sniff) overlooked and forgotten. Chapter 12 of Fair Exchanges by Fawkes_07.