Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

spottedcat83
    From my computer, I can't see my nice banner that AstridSkywalker made for me. (Snif) I did see it once, right after my computer got fixed or something, but evidently it's either unfixed now, or my nice banner has disapperared again. It's still in my signature.

Is it visible to everybody on the site, and it's just me? (snif, snif... sob... I can't even see my pretty banner...) Do I need to do something? I had a trojan horse virus on my computer that showed up who-knows-when, and that my antivirus program found last night and eliminated. Could that be it? Virus is gone now, but the banner is still invisible. My link isn't available, either, which would make it a little hard for people to get to my story.

Waiting for enlightenment from some techie-type person!

deanine
    MyOwnMuggle: I don't have a date for you, but when they are announced the move should happen right away.

Spottedcat: I see your banner just fine. Go to the user Control Panel. Click options. Scroll down until you see check boxes for view signatures, avatars, and pictures. Click them all if you want to see them. IF this doesn't solve your problem, feel free to PM me and I'll keep trying to help.

hansolohpfrk
    If I submit a songfic, do the song lyrics count as part of the word count?

I've looked around, and there isn't really a way to tell.

--Hannah

apollo13

Mystery of the disappearing posts

I'm sorry if this has already been brought up but I did an advanced search and nothing came up...

I had a post in the fanfic junction (in the post- hogwarts section) and it was up for a couple of days and now it's just disappeared . Why is this? Did I break a rule? I was recommending my own fic but I'd seen two other posts doing the same so I assumed that it was okay.

Apollo

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by hansolohpfrk
    If I submit a songfic, do the song lyrics count as part of the word count?

I've looked around, and there isn't really a way to tell.

--Hannah
    Song lyrics do not count.

I'm sorry if this has already been brought up but I did an advanced search and nothing came up...

I had a post in the fanfic junction (in the post- hogwarts section) and it was up for a couple of days and now it's just disappeared . Why is this? Did I break a rule? I was recommending my own fic but I'd seen two other posts doing the same so I assumed that it was okay.

Apollo
    Yes, you did break a rule. Which is why I deleted it and added a reason why it was deleted.

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    If I want to submit a one-shot with 799 words, will it automatically be rejected for not having enough words? Actually, my fic has about 791 words, but it hasn't been beta'd yet. Automatic rejection, or is it possible that it would be validated if it's well developed? I'll try to make it longer, but I'm not sure if I can without ruining the story.

deanine
    Our chapter minimum is 800 words. Less is an instant rejection. An 850 word chapter that lacked proper development could be rejected for that reason alone. As a general rule, 1000 words is what we encourage everyone to shoot for.

8. 10-01-2006, 09:51 PM

inkweaver127
    I need to join a student usergroup for one of my classes.....What is that and how do I join? I tried to contact my teahcer, but her PM box is full so she can't recieve any of my messages.

Unregistered

Bad links

I tried to read a fic by Ruby Boffin, but nothing comes up. Who do I notify?

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Ruby Boffin hasn't written any stories. S/he only has series up that don't have any stories in them. Series have to have at least two stories in them or else they'll be deleted.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!