Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

Tinn Tam
    I have four stories running, and I might not be able to edit either of them before a long time--possibly more than the 6 months time after which the fic is considered abandoned. The reason for that is that I'm starting my first year of medicine studies and I'll have absolutely no time to write. I'll probably have no time to sleep either, come to think of it .

However, I don't plan to abandon my stories and I really wish they wouldn't be deleted in a "Spring Cleaning" or something of the sort, even if they haven't been updated in months. I'll try to write one or two chapters for each of them in the coming year, but it might not be even possible. After my exams, though, I intend to update all of them as frequently as possible.

So, would it be possible to keep the stories in the archive, even if I don't give any sign of life for months? Pleaaaaase?

I'll make sure to add an A/N in the summaries, in order to warn the readers of the long wait, of course.

AlexisTaylor
    Tinn-

We don't delete all unfinished fictions. We keep the ones on the site that are devoid of errors and are generally great examples of fan fiction.

The best thing you can do to make sure your stories remain is to edit them and make sure they're shining examples of your ability.

Ithinkrabis2people
    Er, hi!

I have a question (funnily enough ...)

I posted a thread for my OC's a few days ago, but had the thread deleted; twice, actually (it'd been a long day at school ... ) In my PM about it, I was told that I couldn't have more than one OC per thread. However, I have seven OC's. To me, that seems like an awful lot of threads for one person to have clogging up the forums ...

I can do the seven threads, no problem, I just don't want to push a load of other threads out of the water.

If this seems like a silly question, I'm really sorry. Just ignore me if it is!

AurorGirl101

Pm's

My PM's are saying I have 65533 unread messages, but I only have 23 messages total, and no unread
    ones.........what is going on?

EDIT:: Thanks rita_skeeter!!

rita_skeeter
    Quote Originally Posted by AurorGirl101
    My PM's are saying I have 65533 unread messages, but I only have 23 messages total, and no unread ones.........what is going on?
    This is just a glitch, I shouldn't worry about it. Hopefully it should disappear soon.

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyOfGryffindor
    I submitted three nominations to the QSQs: one in Best Romance - Original Character, Best Romance - Non-canon, and Best Romance - Canon, each, but only the one for canon romance showed up. Have the posts in the other threads not been moderated yet, or did they just not show up, or did I do something wrong? Should I re-post, or should I just wait? Thanks in advance for the help!

Sorry to post this again, but it hasn't been answered yet.

sayiansirius
    I've had this problem for a while but always forgot to ask. My fic, Undeniable Forbidden Love, has nine unreplied reviews but when I go to reply to them, like I do the other ones, it doesn't let me. That's the only fic that I can't reply to the reviews I get for it. Any help please?

Thanks!!

sirius_rocks

Question

I just fixed that problem I had above (thanks Deanine!) but whenever I click on something in my account (edit personal info, manage stories, etc.) the page automatically goes back to the sign in page. Help?

Marauder by Midnight
    A few questions went unanswered. I'll answer them here

Quote Originally Posted by spottedcat83
    Question about those big spaces that show up when an unsuspecting author goes in to edit and only finds out a long time later that the big spaces between paragraphs show up just because she edited the chapter... (long breath after a very long sentence)

Can I do anything to repair the situation? Can I re-submit my chapter without having to send it through the queue?

Or can I go into the chapter to edit, cut out the "big spaces" chapter, and paste in a new, fresh chapter words? It would be the same chapter, just... without those big spaces.
    Once your chapter has been validated, you may make changes to the text without having it go back to queue.

What I recommend is having a copy of the chapter on the computer. If you notice that big spaces show up, copy-paste the chapter back into the text box. Then make whatever corrections you need to. I find that if you edit more than twice, the big spaces show up. So then, I make sure the corrections I had edited in are on the copy of the chapter on my computer and then copy-paste it in.

Quote Originally Posted by wand_waver2006
    Yes, I'm back. I have two questions: I was wondering how you get into classes for the Fall term and how you participate, and how you can become a PI acredited beta when I get good enough with fanfiction that I think I can help people with theirs.

Thank you for listening to my many questions. Thanks in advance!

~Star~
    For your first question, please go to your Group Membership and apply for the class usergroup. After you've been accepted, post in the appropriate class thread.

To become a PI accredited beta, you'll need to visit perfectimagination.co.uk and take the test.

I believe these questions are answered in the appropriate forums here; Beta Guild would tell you how to become PI accredited, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyofGryffindor
    I submitted three nominations to the QSQs: one in Best Romance - Original Character, Best Romance - Non-canon, and Best Romance - Canon, each, but only the one for canon romance showed up. Have the posts in the other threads not been moderated yet, or did they just not show up, or did I do something wrong? Should I re-post, or should I just wait? Thanks in advance for the help!
    The Fiction Junction, as are most of the forums available to un-Sorted members, is moderated. If you're not in a House, a moderator will have to manually approve of your post before it shows up to you or other forum members. It takes time to do this, so please be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithinkrabis2people
    Er, hi!

I have a question (funnily enough ...)

I posted a thread for my OC's a few days ago, but had the thread deleted; twice, actually (it'd been a long day at school ... ) In my PM about it, I was told that I couldn't have more than one OC per thread. However, I have seven OC's. To me, that seems like an awful lot of threads for one person to have clogging up the forums ...

I can do the seven threads, no problem, I just don't want to push a load of other threads out of the water.

If this seems like a silly question, I'm really sorry. Just ignore me if it is!
    Well, if the moderator of Character forums had set that rule before, it's best that you comply. There must be a reason for it. Thank you for being considerate about the forums though

Quote Originally Posted by sayiansirius
    I've had this problem for a while but always forgot to ask. My fic, Undeniable Forbidden Love, has nine unreplied reviews but when I go to reply to them, like I do the other ones, it doesn't let me. That's the only fic that I can't reply to the reviews I get for it. Any help please?
    It might be a glitch. You might want to PM an administrator about this so they can help in more detail.

sayiansirius
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauder by Midnight
    It might be a glitch. You might want to PM an administrator about this so they can help in more detail.
    Umm, who are the administrators of the site? I thought it was the mods.