Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

Sly Severus
    Ummm...how come my series was deleted? It has been there for awhile, and it had stories in it. All the stories were related. I don't think I was breaking any series rules. Anyway, I was just looking at my statistics and the series is gone. Is it okay if I redo it, or was it removed for a specific reason that I'm unaware of?

AurorGirl101

Password

I forgot my password on the main page, but when I tried to get a new one, they said I had an invalid email address, but I was typing the right one. Is this another glitch? I can't get to any of my updated favorites, or to submit chapters. I hope this can be resloved soon. Thanks in advance!!!!

EDIT::: Thanks so much, Beth!

Wand_Waver2006
    I have another question:

Can you do monthly challenges, even if you don't have a house?

Thanks in advance!

~Star~

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Severus
    Ummm...how come my series was deleted? It has been there for awhile, and it had stories in it. All the stories were related. I don't think I was breaking any series rules. Anyway, I was just looking at my statistics and the series is gone. Is it okay if I redo it, or was it removed for a specific reason that I'm unaware of?
    Make sure there are at least two stories in each series. We're being a bit more strict about series because we've seen too many people abuse the option. Stories in a series should be related directly. Tying in an H/G story to a J/L stories, for example, may seem like a stretch. Stories that are all one-shots that could probably function very well as one entire story don't belong in series either.

Quote Originally Posted by AurorGirl101
    I forgot my password on the main page, but when I tried to get a new one, they said I had an invalid email address, but I was typing the right one. Is this another glitch? I can't get to any of my updated favorites, or to submit chapters. I hope this can be resloved soon. Thanks in advance!!!!
    I will PM you to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wand_Waver2006
    I have another question:

Can you do monthly challenges, even if you don't have a house?

Thanks in advance!

~Star~
    No, because you can't see the forum to begin with.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

I've got a few usergroup questions.

I know this was asked a while back, but I was wondering if there was someone to PM a SBBC submission to other than Kal, as we haven't heard from her in a while. Should I just be patient, or send my submission to someone else?

Also, to get into SPEW, should I PM Mask or Fantasium? Or either one of them?

Thanks in advance for the help!

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

Simply Being
    I have a question similar to lily_evans34's. I would like to join the BA, and have already sent my application to QueenHal, but she's been very busy lately, so I figure it'll take her a while to review my application. I was wondering if they're is anyone else I can send it to.

Thanks in advance!

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by lily_evans34
    I've got a few usergroup questions.

I know this was asked a while back, but I was wondering if there was someone to PM a SBBC submission to other than Kal, as we haven't heard from her in a while. Should I just be patient, or send my submission to someone else?

Also, to get into SPEW, should I PM Mask or Fantasium? Or either one of them?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    SBBC, as far as I know, is headed by both Kal and Amanda (pandafan81). I think you can PM both of them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

For SPEW, you can, again, contact either one of them. I've seen Mask poke about here a few times recently, and I know Anna is available

However, to be on the safe side, PM Fantasium and Pandafan81 and ask them first if they take requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Being
    I have a question similar to lily_evans34's. I would like to join the BA, and have already sent my application to QueenHal, but she's been very busy lately, so I figure it'll take her a while to review my application. I was wondering if they're is anyone else I can send it to.

Thanks in advance!
    Answer's similar to lily_evans34's PM one of the Pixel Court members (joanna, forgotten_poems, Foxy Wolf, Fly to Dawn) and ask them if they take requests.

Lily Windsor
    Okay, I've got a problem. My fic was finally validated (YAY!) though I never got a validation email. Anyway, it's been posted under the category 'Humour.' My fic is so not Humour. I can't write humour to save my life, and its supposed to be a serious story with a message. Anyway, this wasn't just a stupid mistake on my part because i think I know what happened. When I submitted my fic I kept going back in to make sure it was perfect when I submitted it. For instance, I submitted it but when I looked at it on my page the formatting was wrong and everything. So I would delete it and start again till I got it right. Anyway, a couple of times when I went to see whether it was okay, I noticed it was under humour so i had to keep going back and changing it to Marauders Era. This happened a few times (it also happened with my first fic a few times), but then I thought I got it to stay Marauders Era, but obviously it changed to humor again. Why did it do that? Anyway, if you understand what i'm saying, I put my fic under Marauders Era and its been validated under Humour. Please do something because I really don't want to have to delete it and submit it again, because it took ages to be validated, but I can't have it under humour. It won't make anyone laugh.

Zacko Borni
    Hey, I was just wondering, why do some people ask the people who are advertising their beta services but aren't in teh beta guild to beta their story when they could have a guilder?

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    If I nominate a Professor-rated fic for the QSQs, will just anyone be able to click on the link and read it? Or will only people who have checked the age-of-consent box be able to read it? If anyone would be able to read it, should I provide a link to the author's page instead of directly to the story? Am I even allowed to nominate such a fic?