Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

G_A_Potter
    I've made a mistake in posting the chapters for my fic Hairy Snout but a Human Heart. I posted chapter four before chapter three. Now, the chapters will be out of order. Is there any way to fix this? Chapter four has been approved and chapter three is awaiting approval.

Sorry, my fault entirely.

Help!

Yours,
    Godric

Phoenix, Thankyou-thankyou-thankyou-thankyou!

MaiaMadness
    Hello,

I just posted a new thread in the Room of Requirement, but it didn't show up. Is this forum moderated so that all new threads must be approved? And if so, would it be possible to make a list of all forums of this sort, or make a note of it in the forum itself so that posters know what to expect?

Thanks in Advance,

Maia

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Godric, once your chapter gets approved, go into edit stories. Beside each chapter, there will be an up or down arrow. This is how you renumber your chapters. Simply move chapter three into it's proper place and you will be good to go.

Maia, yes the ROR is a moderated forum.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauder by Midnight
    No, it's not your stats page that shows up when authors click it. Whoever clicks it is linked to their own stats page.
    Oh, good. Thanks so much for clearing that up. What would we do without such wonderful mods to set our fears to rest?

Also, are we allowed to nominate stories/authors/betas for the QSQs if we haven't been sorted yet? I thought I read somewhere that our posts would just be moderated, but now I can't the thread where it said that.

Unregistered
    I have two quick questions for anyone caring to listen. First of all, does MNFF accept parodies? If so, what are the limitations of this? Like, how close to the actual story can it be (can they share titles, storylines, etc)? Also, what category would these be submitted to? There is no category for parodies, so that makes me think that they would either be put into General or they are not allowed. Final question (I know I'm up to more than two): do they have to be specifically marked as a parody or just mention the title and author in a disclaimer? Thanks so much, I'm a beta and my author has done a parody of A Midsummer Night's Dream, so it would be helpful if I could get some answers before I go to the trouble of betaing the first chapter. Thanks in advance!

Zacko Borni
    I posted a request for a banner, and two people replied. Can I accept both offers and use both banners?

Wand_Waver2006
    How do you join SPEW and the SBBC? I can't find anything on it and I'm interested in joining.

Marauder by Midnight
    Also, are we allowed to nominate stories/authors/betas for the QSQs if we haven't been sorted yet? I thought I read somewhere that our posts would just be moderated, but now I can't the thread where it said that.
    You may nominate; however your posts will be moderated.

I have two quick questions for anyone caring to listen. First of all, does MNFF accept parodies? If so, what are the limitations of this? Like, how close to the actual story can it be (can they share titles, storylines, etc)? Also, what category would these be submitted to? There is no category for parodies, so that makes me think that they would either be put into General or they are not allowed. Final question (I know I'm up to more than two): do they have to be specifically marked as a parody or just mention the title and author in a disclaimer? Thanks so much, I'm a beta and my author has done a parody of A Midsummer Night's Dream, so it would be helpful if I could get some answers before I go to the trouble of betaing the first chapter. Thanks in advance!
    You may write parodies. The only limitations are that they should remain respectful and the must make sense. If they're funny parodies, they should go in Humor. Otherwise, they will go in whatever category is best. Use your judgment. They should be marked as parodies in your summary just to catch the readers' eye.

I posted a request for a banner, and two people replied. Can I accept both offers and use both banners?
    Well, this method may only hurt one or both banner-makers. That is why the BA moderators usually just delete the second reply. However, if you are unsatsified with the first banner and the changes that you request from the original banner-maker cannot be met, then you should PM him/her of your intentions to switch banner-makers beforehand.

How do you join SPEW and the SBBC? I can't find anything on it and I'm interested in joining.
    Go to User CP and Click on Group Memberships.

G_A_Potter
    I have a question on dialog. I've looked around for a thread on this kind of thing and this is the closest I can find. Forgive me, please, if I'm in the wrong place.

Which is correct please:

"Before or after they burnt down my house," asked Petunia in a flat tired voice?

or,

"Before or after they burnt down my house?" asked Petunia in a flat tired voice.

The location of the comma and or the question mark is my question.

Thank you in advance...

Yours,
    Godric

Sorry! Found the answer in the help.php thing. Again, sorry! Just took a bit more digging.

little_kitty
    G_A_Potter, this sort of question belongs in the "Rejected for Dialogue Errors?" thread. I'll answer your question, but next time, dialogue questions should be posted in that thread.

Which is correct please:

"Before or after they burnt down my house," asked Petunia in a flat tired voice?

or,

"Before or after they burnt down my house?" asked Petunia in a flat tired voice.

The location of the comma and or the question mark is my question.
    The second choice is the correct one. Petunia is asking this, so it is a question. Therefore, the question should end with a question mark.

Hope that helps.

--Little Kitty