Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

honeydukes_10
    Thank you Marauder by Midnight for telling me. I'll have to go get an account.

phoenix165

sorting quiz

I took the test for the Sorting Quiz about a month ago, but I still haven't got a response for what house I'm in. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Zacko Borni
    Heyyyyyyyyyyyy! What is a "hot thread" and how can you make your thread a hot thread thanks

-Zackooooooooooo Borni

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacko Borni
    Heyyyyyyyyyyyy! What is a "hot thread" and how can you make your thread a hot thread thanks

-Zackooooooooooo Borni
    Please use proper spelling and grammar in all of your posts, as this is a writer's forum. Thank you.

To answer your question, if you click on a forum, every thread has an envelope icon on the left side. If it's red, it means that it's a so-called "hot thread". This means that it is a popular thread (i.e. many people have posted replies to that thread). In order for a thread to become a "hot thread", basically you just wait for more people to respond to it.

Not every thread will become a hot thread, as some will be locked before it hits, say, page two or something. And you can't really make your own thread a hot thread. It just happens over time to some threads.

Hope that helps.

--Little Kitty

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi,
    Are there going to be any more writing challenges, or will those be put off with all that's going on with the Quicksilver Quills? I know the August Challenge just ended last week, but I heard there might be something brewing for the future. And there hasn't been a One-Shot Challenge in over a month - will there be any more or have they been discontinued? No pressure, I'm just curious - thanks!
    ~Gina

AurorGirl101

not letting me post

I am trying to re-submit my chapter, and the window where you put the document in, is only pasting half of it. (1305 words out of 2240) And there is no way I can just split in half, becuase the ending goes best with the half thats posting. Does anyone even understand what I'm saying?

Is there a mistake on my part or is there a glich in the system?

Celestial Melody
    Hello. I'm not sure if this has already been asked or addressed, but I've noticed that my Post count doesn't go up as I continue posting. In fact, I've had 38 posts for a very long time. I've also noticed that other individual's post count stays the same, and they've also posted replies, etc. since I checked last.

Is this a glitch? Or am I just not seeing things correctly? (The latter could be true, too, )

~Celestial Melody~

EDIT: I should mention, however, that the correct number of posts shows up when I look for "Find all posts by Celestial Melody" ... just not in the Boards. :-S

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Two questions. The first isn't for the lovely mods, however. It's for everyone else.

Could everyone PLEASE read the FAQ before asking a question?

Now for my question for the mods: When I click WannaBeMrsRonWeasley's author page banner, I get taken to my own statistics page. Apparently she somehow put the wrong link in the banner. I asked about this a few days ago, and I was told to PM her about it. The thing is though, according to her signature, she may not be on the computer for a very long time. This isn't a huge problem for me, but I really would prefer not to have my statistics page visible to everyone. Is there anything anyone can do? Thanks in advance!

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmariam
    Hi,
    Are there going to be any more writing challenges, or will those be put off with all that's going on with the Quicksilver Quills? I know the August Challenge just ended last week, but I heard there might be something brewing for the future. And there hasn't been a One-Shot Challenge in over a month - will there be any more or have they been discontinued? No pressure, I'm just curious - thanks!
    ~Gina
    As far as I know, things haven't been put off just because of QSQ. Perhaps the other moderators are busy and don't have the time to start them just yet. They will eventually though

Quote Originally Posted by AurorGirl101
    I am trying to re-submit my chapter, and the window where you put the document in, is only pasting half of it. (1305 words out of 2240) And there is no way I can just split in half, becuase the ending goes best with the half thats posting. Does anyone even understand what I'm saying?

Is there a mistake on my part or is there a glich in the system?
    Don't worry; I'm sure it's just a glitch. We're currently compiling a list of things we need to change and I'll make sure that this is on there. Granted, it may not have the same importance as the other subjects since word count doesn't really affect the reading or the quality of a story. But we'll look into it

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Melody
    Hello. I'm not sure if this has already been asked or addressed, but I've noticed that my Post count doesn't go up as I continue posting. In fact, I've had 38 posts for a very long time. I've also noticed that other individual's post count stays the same, and they've also posted replies, etc. since I checked last.

Is this a glitch? Or am I just not seeing things correctly? (The latter could be true, too, )

~Celestial Melody~

EDIT: I should mention, however, that the correct number of posts shows up when I look for "Find all posts by Celestial Melody" ... just not in the Boards. :-S
    This question has been answered multiple times already in other threads and in the FAQ. Posts are not counted in many forums. But post count shouldn't matter all that much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyofGryffindor
    Now for my question for the mods: When I click WannaBeMrsRonWeasley's author page banner, I get taken to my own statistics page. Apparently she somehow put the wrong link in the banner. I asked about this a few days ago, and I was told to PM her about it. The thing is though, according to her signature, she may not be on the computer for a very long time. This isn't a huge problem for me, but I really would prefer not to have my statistics page visible to everyone. Is there anything anyone can do? Thanks in advance!
    No, it's not your stats page that shows up when authors click it. Whoever clicks it is linked to their own stats page. Want to know why?

The URL to the stats page is:

http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/user.php?action=stats

Whenever everyone clicks it, they go to the stats page of the user that's currently logged in; usually it's themselves. So don't worry. Your stats page is not visible to everyone.

Celestial Melody
    Oh, dear, I'm so sorry. I didn't check thoroughly enough before posting. I know this applies to me:

Could everyone PLEASE read the FAQ before asking a question?
    I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

It wasn't the post count, per say, that I was concerned about. It was the little message that comes with the post count as count climbs. "Beset by Owls," etc.

Thank you, though, for answering my question and I will be sure to check deeper into the existing FAQs before asking any more questions.

~Celestial Melody~