Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 151

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part V

  1. #1
    GringottsVault711
    Guest

    Ask a Moderator - Part V

    Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked.

    [The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

    Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

  2. #2
    Lurid
    Guest
    Sorry Jenna,

    I realise I'vealready aksed this, but I was wondering if you'd followed it up?

    Are we allowed to link to either the artists personal space, or say their Myspace in a songfic?

    I realise perhaps this is a silly wuestion seeing as off-site links arn't allowed... but for music? Or should we save that for our Author's page if the reader is curious?

    Steph
    xx

  3. #3
    Starmaiden
    Guest
    This is more of a request than a question. One reviewer accidentally posted three identical reviews for my latest chapter. Could a mod please go and take the bottom two off? (I replied to the top one.)

    Thanks so much!

    Link to review page

  4. #4
    honeydukes_10
    Guest

    Question......

    Hey guys, I hope I can ask this question here, and if not, i'm extremely sorry, i don't know any better as I'm knew. As for my question, I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere on the site, but I might have over-looked it. Could someone tell be how to put a banner in my signature? I keep seeing "no hotlinking" and I don't know what it is, so I don't want to try anything in fear of doing it on accident. Thank you bunches!!!!

  5. #5
    Crazy Inferi
    Guest
    Okay, I have a question. Is there a way to delete your account? Just wondering...

  6. #6
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Inferi
    Okay, I have a question. Is there a way to delete your account? Just wondering...
    You may contact a moderator to do so. However, before you do that, make sure you're ready to delete for good. There's no way to get an account back afterwards (besides re-registering)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurid
    Are we allowed to link to either the artists personal space, or say their Myspace in a songfic?

    I realise perhaps this is a silly wuestion seeing as off-site links arn't allowed... but for music? Or should we save that for our Author's page if the reader is curious?
    Links aren't allowed period in stories, as far as I know. So yes, please just put it on your author's page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starmaiden
    This is more of a request than a question. One reviewer accidentally posted three identical reviews for my latest chapter. Could a mod please go and take the bottom two off? (I replied to the top one.)

    Thanks so much!
    Hehe someone already did so!

    Quote Originally Posted by honeydukes10
    Hey guys, I hope I can ask this question here, and if not, i'm extremely sorry, i don't know any better as I'm knew. As for my question, I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere on the site, but I might have over-looked it. Could someone tell be how to put a banner in my signature? I keep seeing "no hotlinking" and I don't know what it is, so I don't want to try anything in fear of doing it on accident. Thank you bunches!!!!
    Hot-linking is just using the artist's picture straight from their image account. What you'll need to do is right-click the image, save, and upload to your own image account, such as Photobucket.

    To put a banner in your signature, you'll need to use the code [img ]link to image[/img] (make sure you take out the spaces).

  7. #7
    Harry_Ginny4ever
    Guest

    Please Help

    I've been a member since July or August and I still haven't been placed in my house! I took the test and got my result: Hufflepuff. I PMed both the Head of House and Prefect and still haven't gotten a reply. I really want to be placed. Am I PMing the wrong person? I know everybody's busy, but a few months is ridiculous. Please point me to the right person or place.

  8. #8
    miss padfoot
    Guest
    I tried to edit the title of my post in the Excerpts of Murtlap forum but it changes only in the post and not on the main page of the EoM forum. Are we even allowed to change the title or is it fixed once and for all?

  9. #9
    Lurid
    Guest
    Edit: Oops. I'm sorry! I had two threads up, and one was a question thread in Ravenclaw House.

    *facepalm* I got confused.

    Sorry! I honestly didn't mean to!

    xx

  10. #10
    shadowgirl573
    Guest

    Please Answer

    I posted this is thread cuatro, but nobody responded. My account won't let me post in either beta thread. When I try to, it tells me a mod may have deactivated my account. What does this mean? Why would this be? And how do I fix it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •