Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Narcissa Malfoy (née Black)

Raffles
    he trusted her enough to check whether or not Harry was dead. She must have been in his inner circle, in my personal opinion.
    I think he would have trusted her, and as Lucius' wife, she would have been in his inner circle for quite a while, but I agree that Voldemort would probably have been a sexist. He trusted her because he didn't believe that a woman like her would lie to him.

Voldemort doesn't understand a mother's love...
    He probably couldn't even get it in his mind why Narcissa would want to save her son.

Well that's just some of my thoughts^^

~Raffles

ginnygirl16
    he trusted her enough to check whether or not Harry was dead. She must have been in his inner circle, in my personal opinion.
    I think he would have trusted her, and as Lucius' wife, she would have been in his inner circle for quite a while, but I agree that Voldemort would probably have been a sexist. He trusted her because he didn't believe that a woman like her would lie to him.
    Hmm, I think the real reason why he didn't make Narcissa a DE was because he doubted her loyalties (at least to some extent). She did believe in wizarding purity, and was all for the extermination of Muggles, but there was a certain line that she wouldn't cross, and that was where Draco was concerned. It is my belief that she only acted the way she did for so long because hers and her son's lives were endangered. Had Draco not been involved, she would have eventually stood up to him, and likely would have died.

I think the reason Voldemort chose her to check was that perhaps it was a warning, or maybe he wanted her to prove her loyalties to him by being the one to claim he was dead. I'm not really sure about this one, though what does puzzle me is why Voldemort didn't know he was lying...unless of course she was a superb occlumens...

*puzzles over this*

~Sarah~

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Ultimate Chess
    I think the reason Voldemort chose her to check was that perhaps it was a warning, or maybe he wanted her to prove her loyalties to him by being the one to claim he was dead. I'm not really sure about this one, though what does puzzle me is why Voldemort didn't know he was lying...unless of course she was a superb occlumens...

I'm sure Voldemort made her check to unnerve her and I do agree that it would serve as quite a warning. I don't think he was using Occulmency at that time though because I think that he was pretty confident that Harry was dead, and that Narcissa would never dare to lie to him. Wrong on both Mouldyshorts.
    Lea

♥♥♥♥Stunning banner and zechadingly cool avvie by the amazing Gmariam! Thanks Gina!♥♥♥♥

DracoGurlFurever
    Like MorganRay said, I think only two women have had the Dark Mark. Actually, I think Lucius might have preferred Narcissa to have the Dark Mark branded on her (it would have been one way to show that his entire family was loyal to Voldemort) but I also think Voldemort wouldn't have been so keen on the idea. After all, if there's one thing he learned from the Potters' death, it was that a mother will not put anything above her children - knowing this, how could he trust Narcissa with the Dark Mark even though he suspected that she would be most loyal to Draco and not him? I think it makes perfect sense that he would only "bestow" the Dark Mark onto childless women.

bellatrix-black-lestrange

Minor characters

From what we've seen of the Death Eater's, only two known women -- Bellatrix Lestrange and Alecto Carrow -- have the Dark Mark. My personal opinion is that Voldemort did not give the Dark Mark to Narcissa because she is a mother. Well, the only two women with the Dark Mark are women who, to the best of our canon knowledge, have no children. I think Voldemort may have not given the Mark to mothers. Think about it. Voldemort is not known for being exceptionally fair, and Voldemort as a huge sexist doesn't seem very out of character to me. Voldemort doesn't understand a mother's love (as demonstrated about a hundred thousand times in the books), and he would probably not value mothers enough to put them in the inner circle of Death Eaters who took the Mark. I, however, think Narcissa was heavily involved, maybe enough to deserve the Mark, but Voldemort never valued her enough.
    I totally agree Voldemort does not understand motherly love or any love for that case and therefore again he underestimated it by sending Narcissa to check if Harry Potter was dead, but she was only thinking of how quickest to get to Draco. But i do not believe it was the reason that Voldemort did not give Narcissa the dark mark. Narcissa may be very proud of her bloodline and she may believe in those ideas but i don't think that she has the oomph to kill someone, not unless it is for Lucius, Draco or maybe Bella. So I'm not sure that it's to do with Voldemort's trust in her but maybe he just didn't see her useful unlike her sister, to him Narcissa may have just looked like a house wife and mother.

- Lauren

kilroy8031
    I agree that Voldemort doesn't appreciate the strength of a mother's love, but that he could appreciate a mother's ability to bear children and raise them "right".

I believe that Voldemort wouldn't have given most women the dark mark, because they had other roles in the society he sought to create. The women did not need to be involved in attacks on the ministry, intimidating muggleborns, or any other criminal behaviors. Their responsibility was to ensure that there would be another generation of Death Eaters ready to continue the struggle. Hence, no dark mark necessary.

Mind Games
    Do you think it's realistic for Narcissa to be with someone who isn't in Slytherin, as long as he's Pureblood, comes from the "right" kind of family, ect.? I'm writing a Narcissa/OC fic, and I really need the OC to be in Ravenclaw since I'd like for them to not really meet until sixth year. They both have to be in the same year for plot reasons, but I thought putting them in different houses would be a good reason for them to not be well acquainted with each other. Thoughts?

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Ultimate Chess
    I think a Ravenclaw would be fine as long as they had the same sort of views as Narcissa's family has on blood purity, as that seems to always be their main focus. I don't think the Black family would allow her to marry anyone who did not share those beliefs even if they were pure-blood, because they want to pass those views on to the next generation.
    Lea

♥♥♥♥Stunning banner and zechadingly cool avvie by the amazing Gmariam! Thanks Gina!♥♥♥♥

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    It could be a minor form of rebellion for Narcissa to go out with someone who isn't a Slytherin, but I don't think she'd go out with someone who held opposing views, so I'd make him a pureblood definitely. Perhaps he gets caught up in the pureblood supremacy ideals (rather as Dumbledore did) but isn't as pro Voldemort as the Belleatrix et al.

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I think it would be fine. I think the main criteria would be pure-blood and had the 'right' sort of views. I think that if you're going to limit yourself to only going out with someone from Slytherin, then your choices are rather slim. Look at the Black family tree; they married Macmillans, Longbottoms, Potters and Prewetts. They can't all have been in Slytherin.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!