Thread: Headmaster/Headmistress of Durmstrang

Vittoria

Headmaster/Headmistress of Durmstrang

We know that Igor Karkaroff was killed by the Death Eaters after the GoF. What I would like to know is, do we have any information as to who became the Headmaster/Headmistress of Durmstrang after Karkaroff? Help is much appreciated. Thank You.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Vittoria
    We know that Igor Karkaroff was killed by the Death Eaters after the GoF. What I would like to know is, do we have any information as to who became the Headmaster/Headmistress of Durmstrang after Karkaroff? Help is much appreciated. Thank You.
    The books say absolutely nothing about who succeeded Karkaroff. So I say, just use your imagination! Have fun making your OC!

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I agree with Tim. How much d we really know about Durmstrang to begin with?

We can assume, though, that like Hogwarts, the Deputy Headmadter/mistress would take over. Of course, this person would be an OC. I say have some fun with it.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

If you desperately want a name from the books, look at some of the student's names in GOF and make it their cousin/parent/sibling/... (because 18 is too young to be headmaster :P )
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Except the Headmaster would probably need some years of teaching experience. It's all about senority.

I wouldn't use one of the students from GoF.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

sajomn
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Except the Headmaster would probably need some years of teaching experience. It's all about senority.

I think that that had been considered, if you read the post again; it says to use an older relative. Perhaps one of them could have been an instructor before. I know I can over look things when responding so I just thought I would point that out.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med

That's... what I meant. I merely suggested using a name, someone from a wizarding family near Durmstrang. That's why I said "make it their parent/sibling/..." ;-)

I don't see it impossible for e.g. someone's older cousin (or even sibling - look at how far Ginny is from her oldest brothers age-wise) or maybe an uncle/aunt being a teacher at Durmstrang while the person we read about in the books is a student, and later - when Karkaroff ran away, when maybe the students from GOF graduated - become HM.

Really, a student becoming Headmaster right after graduating doesn't make any sense at all.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

A.H.
    The two student-to-Headmaster characters we know about are Dumbledore and McGonagall: They were both Professors for quite a while before gaining the spot as Headmaster/mistress, which would lead me to assume that a person would have to be well-established in the school before taking up such an important position. There's no other evidence to support this in canon, but it makes sense.

/Ari's 2.8.

Vittoria
    Thanks for all your opinions everyone. It really helped me.