Thread: Lee Jordan

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

Lee Jordan

I'm in the middle of writing a Lee/OC fic and was wondering more of what you thought he would be like after he left school? Would he be wanting to work with Fred and George in their shop? or perhaps working on wizard radio? What kind of girl would he fall for? How many OWL's or NEWT's he would have? Pretty much anything you can tell me would be great! Thanks!

Russia xxxxx

thegirloverhere
    I don't remember if he went to work with Fred and George, but for some reason, I had always thought otherwise. I feel like that would just be too typical. I'd much rather believe he went off and found his own job rather than become George's other ear or the new Fred. I think he might work in a Quidditch shop. I doubt he'd become a commentator, although humorous, he's a little to biased for the real leagues We do know that Lee appeared on Potterwatch, so he might have ended up doing something for the new Ministry... I do like your idea of him working on the radio. He would be fun to listen to on the way to work

As for girls... well, he did chase after for Angelina for a while, right? But we know she married George. I assume he would like someone with a personality much like his, or at least, definitely not the shy, quiet girl. Probably a strong girl who will voice her opinions right back at him, though most of the time they would probably agree, I think.

OWLs and NEWTs? Probably as many as Fred and George, who only had three OWLs. Perhaps he had more though... I doubt he had less

Hope this has been helpful
    Samantha

sorrow_of_severus
    Would he be wanting to work with Fred and George in their shop?
    I doubt it. It seems to me that Lee and the Weasley twins gradually grew apart during the books. Nothing drastic, no big fights, just the twins developing different interests than Lee over time. During SS/PS, the twins rush off to see Lee and his spider right after they get on the train, but by OotP, they're rarely seen together. Hermione's always telling off the twins, not the twins and Lee, for testing their products on first and second years. Fred and George all their joke shop stuff together, testing products on each other and executing pranks. Perhaps some of their earlier pranks, when they were first in school, were appealing to Lee, but he may have become mature quicker than Fred and George and their pranks became less interesting.

I like the idea of Lee going into announcing for sports or something else on the radio. It seems like that was his "thing" during the books, from Quidditch matches to Potterwatch, announcing is the only thing that we see Lee standing out in.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrow of severus
    Hermione's always telling off the twins, not the twins and Lee, for testing their products on first and second years. Fred and George all their joke shop stuff together, testing products on each other and executing pranks.Perhaps some of their earlier pranks, when they were first in school, were appealing to Lee, but he may have become mature quicker than Fred and George and their pranks became less interesting.
    Actually, that's not quite true. It's Lee who tells the twins about Essence of Murtlap which they use in their nosebleed nougat. (Harry tells Lee about it after Lee's ben in detention with Umbridge). Also, when they turn up for the first DA meeting at the Hog's Head the twins arrive with Lee. And Lee is with the twins when they're testing out a lot of the products in OOTP on the new first years. I'm also sure there's a passage somewhere about him clearing up the sick from the puking pastilles.
    In Deathly Hallows, Lee runs Potterwatch, and I think he's found his niche. He's likely to go into radio and become a DJ. He would probably be too biased for Quidditch.
    Also, in Deathly Hallows Lee and George are paired together when guarding tunnels and together they bring down Yaxley.
    I reckon Lee stayed a good friend to both twins and probably supported George after Fred died - perhaps helping out in the shop, but I doubt it would become his career.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    Well, thankyou all so much for your help so far, but I have a few more questions:

Was Lee pure blood? Halfblood? Muggle born? Do we know?

What are his family like?

Does he have any brothers and sisters?

Ok, I am sure I had more...But I forgot right now....

Any helop you could give would be great

Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Searching for Neville's Toad

Was Lee pure blood? Halfblood? Muggle born? Do we know?
    I imagine he was probably somewhere in between a pure-blood and halfblood (there seems to be a lot of grey area between those terms). Basically, I think he was born and raised into a magic household where the strange and unusual was the norm. How else could he sneak the giant spider of something similar from his house to the Hogwarts Express in Harry's first year?

What are his family like?
    Lee probably grew up in good family atmosphere, similar to the Weasleys (but with a lot less kids). I think his parents were probably the pro-Dumbledore sorts, otherwise I can't see Lee joining the resistance in as large a capacity as he did during the war. I think his parents were supportive of his undercover radio efforts. In fact, I always thought that maybe his father was a professional radioman himself, or at least a promoter of some kind.

Does he have any brothers and sisters?
    I think he has siblings, but ones that were already out or about to be out of Hogwarts when Lee started. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no rationale for this one.
    Avatar/Banner by me. Advertising the return of "The Fastest Yet," the tale of the founding of the Nimbus Racing Broom Company!