Thread: Fiction Juntion's Last Minute Review Fest!

Hybrid View

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower

Fiction Juntion's Last Minute Review Fest!

To give you all a last minute chance to earn points for your houses before the end of terms arrives and the house cup is awarded, I am going to try out a short version of a new challenge I was thinking about the other day.

Most houses have some sort of a review circle and having seen the success of things like the Easter Egg exchange where members are doing something nice for each other, I thought it might be nice to have an inter-house review circle.

Basically, each person chooses a story of theirs that they would like to receive a review for and in return they write a review for the person above them. I will award up to seven (yes seven, because it’s the most powerful magical number ) points per review depending on how detailed and helpful I think they are (though I’m not expecting you to be members of SPEW!) If you could provide a link to your story that would be great so that people don't have to go searching!

Because term ends on 19th, you have until 10pm GMT on the 18th to participate in this challenge (so it really is short but sweet, but I thought I’d test how this works).

You may claim spots but if you don’t return with your review you won’t earn any spots and you may not claim another spot until you have completed your first reviews. You can enter as many times as you like

So have fun and let’s see how many reviews you can get done in four days!

To start, rather than giving one of my own fics to be reviewed (because I've done it a lot in the Easter Exchange and I'm feeling greedy), I would like you to review Final Thoughts by mudbloodproud because it's always nice for someone to get a surprise review!

If you want to participate but don't have any fics on the archive, you may post another fic by another author to be reviewed as a treat for them.

EDIT: A couple of added rules after some people have asked me questions.

If you don't have a specific story in mind you may link to your author page.

If the fic you review is chaptered, you may post reviews for more than one chapter and they will each count as individual reviews. However they would have to say something different and be good reviews to earn max points.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    This sounds like a very interesting and fun challenge. Since I will be reviewing another story, I will definitely review mudbloodproud's Final Thoughts.

As for me, I only have two chaptered fictions I have up that I would really like feedback on and I'll pick the less known which is Eternal Darkness of Sirius Black's Mind

Thanks ahead of time and I will edit in my review by tomorrow!

EDIT: I have here mudblood proud's review!

Banner of one of my favorite characters. Icon is a quote from Battlestar Galactica. Banner and icon by me.

A.H.
    You shall have a review soon!

For me, Slight Hope needs some love! (Or hate, or sort-of-kind-of-liked-it, or IT'S TRASH, or YOU'RE BRILLIANT )

P.S: YAY! I was hoping the exchange would last longer than just the Easter Egg Exchange! It's such a great way to get a guaranteed review. Lovely idea.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

Yay - you'll have a shiny new review this weekend.

As for me, I would like a review for Last Chance to Lose Control. [Rated 6th - 7th years.]

Thank you!

EDIT: Review can be found here!

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

Lizzy
    I'm on it Rachel. I'll have it done by tomorrow night.

For me, I'm not really picky what you review. I only have two fics, so it's a toss up between The Man-Witch and The Closet Skeleton of Love.

Thank you.

EDIT: Review!

AlexPotter
    Lizzy - it'll be done tonight :-D

As for me, One Sweet Love is the only one I have up right now!

Linky Winky

EDIT: Here's your review, Lizzy!

~Holly