Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 18

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldnít Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Originally posted by dreamgirl65
    I know this is a silly question but How to I delete or lock a tread so I can post a different one?
    Only mods can lock and delete threads. PM the mod in charge of the forum where your thread is and give them the title of the thread, and the reason why you need it locked and graved.

If it is a beta wanted ad, just post and request in the subject line as well as the body for the mod to lock and grave the thread.

If it is in the Three Broomsticks, PM coolh5000 as she is handling that forum.

If there is no mod listed for the forum, or you don't hear back from the mod within a reasonable amount of time, feel free to PM me with the information, include which forum it is in also, and I will take care of it for you.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

2. 05-18-2009, 12:28 AM

rbottger

Is there anything else?

Hi,

I'm new to the site and have taken the sorting quiz and gotten my results, and do realize that my head of house needs time to take care of all of that. However, I was wondering if there are any other things that a new member must/should do that I could be overlooking. I read the FAQ's and what not, but I would rather ask and be sure.

Any suggestions as to what to check out on the site would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks,

Rb

A.H.
    I have a rather need-to-know-right-now question. (*insert scared-silly flailing here*)

the nutty imp's signature displays my computer's information (my IP address, among other things). When I saw it on my other computer I immediately began the virus scan (which is yet to complete) and came to this one, my mother's work computer, to change my signature to warn anyone who's received an e-mail from me that there's possibly viruses attached. But I rechecked the thread where I saw it and found that the signature still displayed my computer's information.

>>If you're not familiar with viruses.

Most of the time, they will infect your computer and change images to ads and other things. The last time I got a virus, everyone's signature's were coming up as ads.

So what I need to know is whether or not the user just has some weirdly coded image that displays everyone's information. If it's just something that's not virus-related then I don't have to flail anymore, but if both of these computers are infected, then there are a lot of people who I need to contact about possibly-infected e-mails.

*FLAIL*

-Ari-

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    rbottger, no, you don't have to do anything else. Once you received the message from the Sorting Hat in which house you belong, you simply have to wait until you're added. This may take up to a few days, depending how busy the HoHs are.

A.H., I've edited the nutty imp's signature, deleting the thing you meant. If it's a virus or not, I can't say, but I asked the other mods about this. If such things are dangerous, we'll do something. If you encounter more of these, let us know. Thank you.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

BrilliantBlaise
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before or is ridiculously easy to find, but how do you go about deleting your account? I can no longer dedicate time to the forums and rather than let my account get sad and lonely, I'd rather delete it. Thanks!

Blaise

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Blaise -

I can take care of it for you. Go ahead and shoot me a PM verifying that it's definitely what you want to do and I will get it done.

:-)
    Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I have a question about the layouts on the archives. Are they doing some kind of work with the coding today? Only three layout options are available.

I'm just curious.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Molly: That question has already been answered in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy Black
    The other skins have been down for a little while whilst I attempt to code the ads into them properly. I'm really sorry that it's taken so long, they are amazing designs and they will be brought online again eventually...
    The number of layouts has been limited for a while to Dragon, Simplicity and, recently, Twitternet, so it is not a new change and as far as I am aware, not a result of work being done on the site.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Essence of Potter
    Hello!
    I'm fairly new to the forums (not that new though) and would love to take part in some of the classes. The only thing is I'm not sure where to send my application, do i owl it to the professor or post it some where? Thanks!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Essence of Potter
    Hello!
    I'm fairly new to the forums (not that new though) and would love to take part in some of the classes. The only thing is I'm not sure where to send my application, do i owl it to the professor or post it some where? Thanks!

1. Click on User CP
    2. Under Miscellaneous you will see Group Memberships
    3. Click that one, hehe. It will list groups you are able to join.
    4. Choose the option of School Students and do as it asks.

Good luck and enjoy class!

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3