Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 18

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    JMLuna,

I took care of it. Sorry for the delay but we are having issues with certain permissions.

:-)

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

2. 04-30-2009, 08:58 PM

A.H.
    I have a question about the Beta Wanted sub-forum.

I'm going to be needing six Betas soon, for the SPEW 007 challenge (I like having different Betas for different stories, mainly because I liking hearing different opinions, but also because I need these to be looked over quickly, and one person couldn't do six stories in the time I need). I was wondering if I could make a thread advertising my need for six betas, fill the form out six times, and let people reply for each story in that thread, or if I would need to create the threads separately.

Thank you, loverlies.

-Ari-

Colores
    Ari - I would prefer if you only created one thread, but make sure to write in the title that there are six stories involved so that it will attract enough attention.

ginnygirl16
    Hi Mods!

I have a question for you: I recieved a PM with my my revised chapter to a story beta'ed, and accidently deleted it before I had a chance to read it. Is there anyway that I can retrieve that? I know I can look at my sent items and was wondering whether or not that is possible with deleted ones, as those are still in my total count of PM's. Hopefully this makes sense

Thanks again,

ginnygirl16

babekitty_92
    ginnygirl16, as far as my knowledge goes with the forum site, there is no way to retrieve it. I think your best option is to PM your beta and let them know what happened and ask very nicely if they could re-send you a copy.

Abbi

KayaRose
    When does the next term for classes start?

**fiftysalazarfiftysalazar**

EDIT: Thank you Bine.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Quote Originally Posted by KayaRose
    When does the next term for classes start?
    The Professors are currently working on advertising their classes. The thread should go up soon in the Hogwarts subforum.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi mods,
    I have been doing the Ravenclaw Almost-Gauntlet and have been trying to post my work in a quote box. Once in a while it has worked but the vast majority of the time when I use the quote button and those quote tags, a pop up window tells me the post isn't long enough, even if it's hundreds of words! It seems to me that maybe some of the other tags are interfering but I can't figure it out, especially since it worked twice, but that's it. It there a forum issue or am I doing something wrong? Thank you for your help!
    ~Gina

EDIT: Thank you, Terri, that totally helps! It is sort of crazy, but I understand - thanks!!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldnít Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Originally posted by Gina:
    Once in a while it has worked but the vast majority of the time when I use the quote button and those quote tags, a pop up window tells me the post isn't long enough, even if it's hundreds of words! It seems to me that maybe some of the other tags are interfering but I can't figure it out, especially since it worked twice, but that's it. It there a forum issue or am I doing something wrong?
    No, you are not doing anything wrong. The fifty character rule does not count the words in the tags. Crazy, I know, but that is why.

What you need to do is make sure you have words outside the tags.

Hope this helps.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

dreamgirl65

Silly Question

I know this is a silly question but How to I delete or lock a tread so I can post a different one?