Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 18

ginnygirl16
    Well, this question might be the most obvious thing in the world but I'll ask anyway. I have a story that is validated on MNFF and I never titled my chapters, Now, one of my beta's thinks it would be a good idea. Can I just edit my story and put chapter titles in, or do I have to start from my next submitted chapter?

Thanks,

ginnygirl16

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Why do some stories have red ribbons while some stories have blue ribbons? I know one of them is for featured fics, but what's the other for? Is the other one symbolizing a featured fic too, but it's just different in colour?

BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainyn Swiftfoot
    Why do some stories have red ribbons while some stories have blue ribbons? I know one of them is for featured fics, but what's the other for? Is the other one symbolizing a featured fic too, but it's just different in colour?

BB
    The red ribbon tells the reader it is a *past* featured story and the blue ribbons display those that are currently a featured story.

:-)

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    xybolic: There should be a "Remove Favorite" option beneath the stories you favourited. Go to your author page and then to where your favourites are listed. There, below the story's summary, should be something like "Edit" and "Remove Favorite".

bellaoc: They should start soon seeing that the new term should already have started. I'm not sure when exactly the new term will start now, but I'm sure that in Hogwarts there will be the class advertisements and threads where you can sign up. Just keep an eye out.

ginnygirl16: You can enter chapter titles by editing the chapter. Go to Manage Stories and open the chapter view. Go to the Edit link that is given for the chapter you want to edit. There should be a box where the chapter title goes. Voila.

Sainyn Swiftfoot: Blue ribbons are current featured stories, red ribbons are previously featured stories.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    I have a question about editing stories.

What edits can we make on our own, without actually deleting and re-submitting the story? And on the other hand, what edits would warrant a deletion and resubmission? For example, if we wanted to change a story's category, are we supposed to delete the story and submit it in the category?

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

xybolic
    I'm sorry for posting again. I tried to find the 'Edit' or 'Remove Favorite' after going to my author's page and to my favorite stories but either one is not there. I also went to 'Manage Favorites' but either one is also not there. Thanks!

-Aji

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Sainyn Swiftfoot: Edits like adding or changing chapter titles as well as correcting spelling mistakes you can do without deleting and resubmitting. Changing the category you can do, too, though we'd rather prefer if you find the correct category with the first submission. But when you change your chapter considerably once it's already validated, you should delete the old one and submit the new one.

xybolic: I checked again, and there should be the Remove Favorite feature if you go to your Account Info, Manage Favorites and then click whatever you want to edit (stories for example). It should look similar to this picture. Maybe it differs from skin to skin. Change the skin to Simplicity if need be and it should be there, below the Word and Read Count. If it's still not working, PM me please.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

sevylicious

10 days in queue

Hope this is the right place... Anyway, the next chapter for my fic (Dark Heiress) has been in the submissions queue for 10 days... again. It was rejected the first time as it was under 2 categories instead of 1. I've fixed this, but am still waiting. Any help would be great.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Originally posted by sevylicious
    Hope this is the right place... Anyway, the next chapter for my fic (Dark Heiress) has been in the submissions queue for 10 days... again. It was rejected the first time as it was under 2 categories instead of 1. I've fixed this, but am still waiting. Any help would be great.
    Your chapter is the next to be looked at in that category. I can't go over it as I was the beta on it.

We do ask for your patience and do apologize for the longer than normal delay with validating stories. With exams for some of the mods, the queue is running a bit slower than normal.

Again, we apologize for this delay and we are all working on catching all the categories up.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

JMLuna
    So I had some things to do and haven't been here in a bit but I came back and am still not added into the house I was sorted into. So, I was wondering is there something wrong? Is it because I haven't been here in a while and haven't posted all that much? Is there a post limit I must reach before I can get into the RavenClaw common room or some question like the door asks Luna in DH?

PS: My SN has nothing to do with the character

Thanks in advance.