Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 18

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Snape Hates Me
    Hello, I think I am in need of some assistance with a chapter for my WIP, Moments of Bliss. The new chapter, Chapter 53 The Secret Revealed, seems to be with the story when I look at my account, but it is not showing the update in the archive, ie. the new update date isn't on the story; it isn't showing up in the Recent listing or at the top of the category, which is Marauder Era. I haven't tried to find it in the archive as it is likely buried many pages down, since the last update was March 2. Also, the word count doesn't seem to have been adjusted for the new chapter.

Help.

ETA: Now the word count has adjusted, but the date and location of the story are still not updated. Odd...

2. 06-22-2009, 12:30 AM

babekitty_92
    Molly and ginnygirl16, I'm not too sure what's happening there. Maybe try clearing your browsing history, cookies, saved passwords, etc. and see whether it makes a difference. If not, contact one of our Admins who may be able to help a little more.

Natasha, I don't see any reason for it not to work, however if there is a problem I would suggest for your co-author to contact myself or the Mod of that category and we can make arrangements to get things going.

hpfanficfan
    , my understanding of the forum is that you need to be sorted until you can see it, but it's in 'The Burrow' and users need the password to gain access. The forum is there for everyone to access the episodes and give feedback, suggestions and nominations on what stories they'd like to hear on the show.

moonymaniac, I'm about to look into it for you so I'll PM or e-mail you on this very soon.

Abbi

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    I can't seem to add co-authors to my story, which is called "The Hidden Truth". I tried it a lot, but it still doesn't work. Anyone knows why?

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

miss sarcastic
    I've just joined and I guess I'm feeling a little... overwhelmed. There are so many things to do and so many people and I don't know what to do first! So I thought I'd join a class's second session, starting 4 July through 15 August. It's a class for learning to make more well-rounded reviews. But I'm not quite sure how to sign up, well, I know how but I don't know where.

The sign up instructions are:
    please post in the shortly appearing sign-up thread by filling out this form...
    So I should fill out the form...but I'm not sure where the sign up thread will pop up, or even if it's popped up already. I've already looked at the classes part of the forum and I've looked around a bit for an answer. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

~Ashley

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    miss sarcastic, the sign-up threads are usually found in the Hogwarts Summer Term forum, subforum Study Hall. For the class you want to join, this here is the sign-up thread. However, you need to be a member of the students subgroup to sign-up for classes. To do this, go to your User CP, then scroll down to Group Memberships and request membership with the School Students group (not Students with Signed Notes, that's the Restricted Section).

Also, for further guidance in this matter, you can rely to the Navy and their Ask a Navy thread in the Check-in Desk. They're a helpful bunch, eager to show you around and get you settled in.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Scarlet Crystal
    I'm not sure if this is the place to report this, but as usual, my chapter has been MIA in queue for some time now. I should probably stop getting ancy every single time (seeing as I SHOULD be used to the wait), but you continue to advertise a one week turnaround, so I continue to wonder if something has gone amiss. It's Chapter "I.Six." in The Dunnest Smoke of Hell.

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Scarlet Crystal,

Your chapter is safely in the queue, but D/A is a little behind right now. I know it's annoying to wait, but we should get to your story soon.

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

A.H.
    I just searched through this thread to find the post that I needed and realized I'm in here waaay too much.

So erm, this post was never answered. Should I contact the Mod in charge of the category I'll be submitting to?

-Ari-

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Ari: Sorry for the late reply. Yes, if you would like to discuss an individual issue about a story, it would be best to contact the category mod as they will be the one to mod it and will therefore know the situation when the story appears in the queue. If it is an open category, you can choose any individual moderator to contact and then, if you wish, leave a note at the beginning of the story, asking for it to be moderated by that mod if you think it necessary.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Snape Hates Me
    Hi, I'm reposting this because it has been five days and my story is still buried. I sent an email to the staff account and have heard nothing. Is there someone in particular I need to contact? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by moonymaniac
    Hello, I think I am in need of some assistance with a chapter for my WIP, Moments of Bliss. The new chapter, Chapter 53 The Secret Revealed, seems to be with the story when I look at my account, but it is not showing the update in the archive, ie. the new update date isn't on the story; it isn't showing up in the Recent listing or at the top of the category, which is Marauder Era. I haven't tried to find it in the archive as it is likely buried many pages down, since the last update was March 2. Also, the word count doesn't seem to have been adjusted for the new chapter.

Help.

ETA: Now the word count has adjusted, but the date and location of the story are still not updated. Odd...